Here's a Fun thing to think about...

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Imagine you are set to do perform a magic show in one hour.
You have nothing at all with you, just the clothes you're wearing
(regular clothes, no topits, secret stitching, ect.).
You have $10 to spend in a Walmart, superstore or whatever to buy all the equipment you will use during the show. What do you buy?

My answer: A deck of cards, pen and paper,elastic bands, keep whatever change is left.
Nothing too exciting about my answer, what can you come up with? ;)

good question

i'd buy a deck, (maybe red and blue), sharpie, quarters, and maybe ask the restaurant or the store for a couple of rubber bands (or just buy them), then id ask the store for 4 quarters (from the change)

but what would u do if u had no money and u had to do a restaurant gig. You could only use what was in the restaurant, or borrow items. what would u use then???

Jan 13, 2008
All I would want is some paper (separate sheets and/or a pad of paper in notebook form), envelopes, a sharpie, and maybe a deck of cards. Ohh, also a cheap novel.

That's what I can think of off the top of my head, which would work for quite a few effects. :)

Edit: Oh, and index cards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I would buy a Deck of Cards, a Sharpie, Index Notecards, Rubberbands and if any dollars left exchange it for coins/change.

Mar 4, 2008
Two Decks of Bikes (red and blue) at Walmart - $3
Two Sharpies - $2
3 Hard Plastic Cups (you know the ones in the seasonal section) - $1
Tin Foil - $2
Get a $1 for BS prediction (from Visuantics)
4 quarters

I can make a solid show with that ending with my cups and balls routine.

Jan 18, 2009
Three Decks
One Sharpie
White rope about 10 feet long

One Deck for regular tricks and the other two for the dupes that I will be tearing up like its my last show. Sharpie to sign stuff. Rope for Fiber Optics.

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
!!
I forgot! I would definitely add some cheap forks to my list, they are like $1 for six.
Oh, and I'd 'make use' of a couple pairs of pliers by bending a quarter.

Pretty similar lists all around, I guess that's too be expected ;)

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Yeah, I also would get some spoons/forks for a metal bending routine, thanks for the idea SamRochon.

Also, some cheap cups for a russian roulette.

Also, I find putting a quarter in a sidewalk crack and kicking pretty hard or hitting with an object will actually bend it pretty good for a quarter bending routine.

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
but what would u do if u had no money and u had to do a restaurant gig. You could only use what was in the restaurant, or borrow items. what would u use then???

That's tougher, I'd do some tricks with borrowed change, borrowed pen, napkins (napkins over the head FTW!). You know what, just take anything from Greg Wilson's On The Spot, lol.

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
I'd buy some food, and get some change.

I was actually thinking about making a thread like this, where I would post a situation and supplies and leave you to create a full routine. Do you think that would be something fun to do?

this is exactly why I have a book bag with enough stuff to do about 3 shows. I always have supplies with me everywhere I go. Stigmata and sinful are two tricks you can do anywhere. People always have their business cards on them and girls always have pens in their purse. Thats all I can think of on this topic. Now I'm just kinda rambaling on now.

Nov 10, 2007
I would buy:
2 decks of cards - 3$
double stick tape - 2$
sharpie - 2$
I like this thread idea alot I hope there are more of these types of threads soon.

I would buy
Deck of cards Jumbo Index
Masons line for IT or nylon stockings for it and iet
Cutlery
easy bend kind
100 foot of cotton clothes line
small notepad

Then I'd go to the mcdonalds inside most walmarts and take a bunch of napkins, sugar packets, some straws, cream packets.

I am set for a t least an hour show.

Edit

Tally I would participate as long as I do not have to perform my monster in front of people.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results