Hey guys. Some stories...

Hey everyone.

I've been out of town visiting my friends in Valdez Alaska (360 miles away from where I live now, in Anchorage Alaska) and I got a chance to pull out some new effects for them. It's kind of weird, because when I left, they had just seen me starting to take shape as a magician and when I came back, I was doing tricks from the Trilogy, as well as Distortion, Digital Dissolve and Panic. It might be boring to read about these stories, but if you don't want to hear them then stop reading now.

Story-
I was staying with my friend Adam and we were hanging out with my old friends, Kade and Chip. We also had Adam's parents and 2 of these foreign exchange students and their friend. My friends saw me when I first started doing magic and they knew a few tricks and thought I should show the girls some of them because they hadn't seen them before. However, they didn't know about my new tricks. I had a couple screams for all three of the Theory 11 tricks and of course, they found Card to Mouth, Subway and the Collectors very entertaining and they gave me some wild looks. Card to Mouth is a real shocker for a group if you can get them to focus their attention well.
Later I did this same routine to a different group of friends at Subway. I got more of the quizzical looks and then minutes later... "How the hell did he do that?" During Distortion I get the "Whoa... Whoa, whoa WHOA! OH MY GOD" reactions from them and during Digital Dissolve I get the "What the hell man?" reactions. Panic just got silence. They didn't know what to do.
Next was at 10 o clock at night, I went to go get a movie from my dad, who was at poker game. A lot of you out there know about these poker games. Everyone gets drunk and bets a whole lot of money and such... Barry, my dad's friend (Squeege's dad, if you see him post in the cardistry section from time to time) knows I do some magic and asked to see something. I saw this as yet another chance to try out some of my tricks. I didn't do Panic or Digital Dissolve here, I stuck with Distortion, Card to Mouth and a 2 card selection/transpo. I was there all of 15 minutes, and left with 20 bucks in tips.

Mainly what I wanted to get at here, was another story! Haha. Before recently I had been doing my ambitious card from time and again to people in the mall and every once in a while I'd do tricks for my friends, and my friend's friends. I love doing it and I practiced all the time but I still had this nervous shake that kept me from performing at all times. But ever since Theory 11 came out I've been really pumped to perform at any chance I had. I just had a talent show performance on Thursday night, I had performances at a pizza restaurant recently, I do some walk around at the mall and I can never wait to go out and about with my deck of cards. I dunno if it's a coincidence but I lost my nervous shake and now I'm stoked for performing. Also, if you want to get some high quality tricks, definitely purchase some Theory 11 material! Haha. Well I guess that's alll the story telling I have today. Got back from Valdez and just had to talk. =P Later.

D

Deleted member 2755

Wow grats on the 20 bucks!:D It also seems like you enjoyed seeing your friends again. Trilogy looks like a great DVD collection and it would probably be the first thing I'm buying from Theory 11 if it wasn't for Ellusionist's holiday deals. After the holidays are over, I can't wait to get my hands on Trilogy, and possibly Distortion. (Is Distortion easy to learn. I'm a beginner at XCM.) (I'm actually extremely bad at XCM. I have a friend who let me use XTreme Beginnierz for a little while to decide if I would buy it myself or not. It wasnt for me. I need someone actually teaching the flourishes which Trilogy has.)

So I'm glad you had a great time and hopefully I'll be having a great time soon myself.

-Doug

Oh... and the shirts on Theory11 don't look too bad either.:rolleyes:

If you buy the Trilogy for the flourishes and you are a beginner at flourishing get ready for some sweat and tears(It helps if you watch Flourishes 101 in the everything else DVD). I reccomend trying out XB again because it would really help to have some beginner flourishes under your belt when trying to tackle things like Jackson five and Pandora from the Trilogy.:D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results