Hey People Just an Idea

Nov 5, 2007
hey for all you flourishy guys and hopfully gals out there im trying to figure out a couple cuts that have either a spring or a pharoh in the middle so its just something i would like to see in the media if its not an original idea or if you believe it defys the purpose of a multiple packet cut then well dont do it but if you believe that this is a challenge for you post it up i would love to see it

Cause Magic:)

Sep 1, 2007
did you just say "pharoh" ? that is probably the awesomest thing I have ever heard. usually for the last hundred or so years, people have called it "Faro" but that is about 1/10th as cool of spelling.

it's no longer a cut if you do a spring or a shuffle in the middle of it. what you're talking about is just combo'ing different types of flourishes into a routine. and yes it is SORELY lacking from theory 11's media section.

if you want to see insane routines of awesome different types of moves you're at the wrong website.

theory 11 = cuts and nothing buts.
decknique = a little betta, but not the chedda.

go to handlordz.com my little n00bian prince. fly thee to the media sections of the forumz.

edit: I just realized that Dan an Dave have an alternate ending on "The Trilogy" to one of the molecule flourishes where they spring the cards into the last two packets for the closer.

However, although I have seen at least a hundred videos where fanboy DnD clones do the "molecule", I have never once seen a clone incorporate that spring variation. But if you pwn the trilogy you should be able to find it on the "flourishes" disc.

...that have either a spring or a pharoh in the middle...

Oh, oh, ohh.. idea-alert! Why not have both? That is, a Spring and a Faro simultaneously?! Well, you can! Check out the following;

Click here for a clip of Denis Behr performing Christian Engblom's "Anti Faro". Granted, not a multi-packet cut, but definitely uses two of the key elements you were after. Have fun working on that man... :)

Jordan

Oct 31, 2007
Instead of asking if theres a cut with a spring or faro in it, why don't you just make one?
I dont understand

Oh, oh, ohh.. idea-alert! Why not have both? That is, a Spring and a Faro simultaneously?! Well, you can! Check out the following;

Click here for a clip of Denis Behr performing Christian Engblom's "Anti Faro". Granted, not a multi-packet cut, but definitely uses two of the key elements you were after. Have fun working on that man... :)

Jordan

I laugh every time I see that anti-faro and see people talking about it like it's revolutionary. What's the point? TOTALLY USELESS in a pure manipulation sense AND in sleight of hand magic sense.

Now about people looking for new things to explore, definitely Handlordz and Decknique. Absorb as much as you can and understand where you can go and what's available to you. What fascinates you, what moves wow the audience, what's something you've always wanted to do but procrastinated in learning it?

The sybil concept has been messed around in Flashcards contests over the year. I can recall two specific ones in particular. One is a TWO-packet sybil cut contest and the other is a sybil with a card launch in which that during the sequence the card shoots out of the sybil and the lands and the sybil continues. Check Webghost's site: www.cardmanipulator.com and check the Flashcards section and search through the contest archives. You should find both contests within the year 2007.

I'm not going to state "HL > DN" or something like that. I will say that it's all about perspective: perform for laymen or perform for peers/community.

Sep 1, 2007
anti pharoh is cool. pointless for manipulation unless you went directly into a giant fan or bridge shuffle from it. actually yeah, if you could anti-pharoh it'd be faster and more flourishy than just your typical two-handed pharoh weave.

DN is great but every video is like: one two-second clip of a move -> cut to the next two second clip -> cut to the next -> rinse and repeat.

If flourishing was a school, theory 11 is kindergarten (where you learn to spell flourishes), decknique is grade school (up through 12th grade), and Handlordz is post-graduate education.

also in the t11 media section Jason Soll has a clip where he does a hotshot cut in the middle of a sybil

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
But if you pwn the trilogy you should be able to find it on the "flourishes" disc.

It's actually on the "everythingelse" disk. :)

As for the Anti-Faro, every move has loads of applications, you just need to find them. Don't pass a move off as "TOTALLY USELESS" until you really explore it. ;)

-Vince

Sep 1, 2007
okay I'm going to learn this anti-pharoh, it's just weird enough to be right up my alley.

after googling around for a bit, I found a good descriptive post by Jordan Lapping...

but it's apparantly taught on this DVD:

http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php?productid=8169

called "!Que Raro!" by Christian Engbloom. does anyone here own this DVD (not likely) or at least know if it's in freakin english? thanks

anyways yeah this could be a cool method of pharoah weaving if you can get it down... could be really killer.

It's actually on the "everythingelse" disk. :)

As for the Anti-Faro, every move has loads of applications, you just need to find them. Don't pass a move off as "TOTALLY USELESS" until you really explore it. ;)

-Vince

To me it's totally useless yeah this is opinion but really really look at it. One, how many times can you do this move with 100% success that the cards will "anti-faro" WITHOUT you having to readjust the deck. Two, what deck condition is exactly needed? Would it interfere with your normal manipulations of fans and armspreads if the deck requires special tuning. Three, just how long until you get this to the point where it's usable and was all that time and effort worth it? I don't know about you I don't want to waste my time learning a move that doesn't get you much mileage. Life is too short for that.

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
One, how many times can you do this move with 100% success that the cards will "anti-faro" WITHOUT you having to readjust the deck.

With practice and an exact technique, the move will be very consistent. :)

Two, what deck condition is exactly needed? Would it interfere with your normal manipulations of fans and armspreads if the deck requires special tuning.

You don't need to do anything weird to the deck in order for this move to work. It will not interfere at all with your other moves. :)

Three, just how long until you get this to the point where it's usable and was all that time and effort worth it? I don't know about you I don't want to waste my time learning a move that doesn't get you much mileage. Life is too short for that.

How long did it take you to learn the Overhead Spring? The Heaven Display? This move can give you just as much mileage, but you need to be willing to explore it's possibilities. With moves like the spring, heaven display, etc, the possibilities were already explored for you. In this case, you need to do a bit of research into it on your own, find some damn nice applications.

Like I said before, it's somewhat irresponsible to pass judgement on a move or idea that you have not really explored.

-Vince

Sep 1, 2007
lol UEZ is very opinionated about which moves are and aren't worth learning :D

personally I want to learn every freakin XCM move there is on the planet. except maybe for the "nose display"

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results