Hi magicians! I'm new to the forums!

byu

Jul 1, 2009
USA
Hello all magicians,

I am Brian Y.

I've been practicing magic for about 5 years, but very little. I only recently got serious in the past two months. Rmendbball, a user on these forums, has been teaching me a lot, and has been helping me.

I have a few questions that I would like to know the answers to:

1) I have been practicing the classic pass recently, and am going to purchase Pass with Care (pacmagic.com, if I remember correctly) in the near future. Yet I have difficulty concealing the cut, although the movement is very fluid. I do over 800 passes a day. Is this normal, and is there anything I can do other than practice to improve it?

2) My double lift that I have been working on for a long time is very obvious, if I have time to prepare it, I can make it good, however. It seems like I have difficulty picking up two cards at the same time when all cards are squared up in the deck. I do this move at least 100 times a day (probably not enough), but do any of you have some tips for me?

And that's about it! I'd like to get to know some of you.

-Brian

Mar 3, 2008
Hey Brian Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll meet people and have friends on here in no time, I already told you as much as I could on the pass, but hopefully some other people can help you out too, also, there is a search function on here like most forums, take a look around...

Sep 2, 2007
for 1: read aaron fishers blog. he has alot of tips on the pass

for 2: find resouces on the strike double lift.

byu

Jul 1, 2009
USA
for 1: read aaron fishers blog. he has alot of tips on the pass
I never would of thought to look there:
http://aaronfishermagic.wordpress.com/2009/04/30/how-to-practice-the-classic-pass/

Thanks! That will probably help a lot. I appreciate it.

for 2: find resouces on the strike double lift.
Is this one:
http://youdomagic.com/products/strike_double_lift_lesson

reliable?

Again, thanks for answering my questions. I appreciate it a lot.

Another very good way to get into a DL is a pinky count. Pull down on the inside corner of the declk with your pinky finger and riffle off 2 cards, then do a DL. It will take alot of practice though.

Welcome btw.

Hello all magicians,

I am Brian Y.

I've been practicing magic for about 5 years, but very little. I only recently got serious in the past two months. Rmendbball, a user on these forums, has been teaching me a lot, and has been helping me.

1) I have been practicing the classic pass recently, and am going to purchase Pass with Care (pacmagic.com, if I remember correctly) in the near future. Yet I have difficulty concealing the cut, although the movement is very fluid. I do over 800 passes a day. Is this normal, and is there anything I can do other than practice to improve it?

2) My double lift that I have been working on for a long time is very obvious, if I have time to prepare it, I can make it good, however. It seems like I have difficulty picking up two cards at the same time when all cards are squared up in the deck. I do this move at least 100 times a day (probably not enough), but do any of you have some tips for me?

-Brian
the only thing i can do to help u with the pass is do jog the top half of the cards, when u jog it the cards are all messed up.....so when you do your pass its less obvious....try that...ok???

Hello all magicians,

I am Brian Y.

-Brian
ohh also...for the double lift...hold the front of the deck upwards pointing towards their eye and you can do your double lift freely as you want using your thumb...the bottom part of the deck is now pointing down near your waisteline....it helps....even if you absolutely suck at the double lift...

if you look at david blaine, his double lift was obvious years ago when he first did his special, now it has gotten better....

if you just can't seem to get the pass correctly.....talk to them while doing your pass, and go a bit slower....

if you just want to perfect it all...go for the passas soon at the top half of the deck covers the bottom, then when the full deck hits the hands, the pass is done, do it and you'll get better....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results