High grip card handling solution?

yoman125

Elite Member
Dec 20, 2010
Jakarta+Singapore
Hi guys. I am in need of help in card handling. I love to do the gambling routine demonstration, but since i am a high grip handler, i feel that it is hard for me to do the Second, bottom and classic pass. I have been struggling for years on how to figure out to deal the card silently and flawlessly. There is a problem in my hand, even when i two handed split fan, one of the fan is a auto reverse spread(the left hand). Am i the only one who have a natural high grip? Advice and suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time.

yoman125

Elite Member
Dec 20, 2010
Jakarta+Singapore
Is there a reason you can't change your grip to facilitate the moves?

I wish i can. It could be due to my small hand or short thumb? When i change grip, it protrude too much outside of the finger. My high grip is the mechanic grip. Or maybe it has something to do with muscle pass? My left hand is different than the right, in term of the muscle in the thumb base.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Most people think they have small hands and that it causes problems. Just move your hands to a place where the moves are easier and keep practicing. I've had to adjust every technique I've learned so that it fits my hand better.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I have relatively small hands for a person my size. My hands are just about 6 inches long from the base of my palm to the tip of my middle finger, which is the longest. In other words, a playing card on my palm covers most of it width-wise and stops just about at the base of my index finger height-wise. If I put a card lined up with my middle finger, it is roughly 2/3 an inch longer than my finger.

Yet I can use a classic palm no problem. I am poor at bottom dealing, but that's because I rarely practice it. I can do seconds fairly well. I practice the pass with two full poker decks, and I can pass a full sized Tarot deck.

Your hands are not too small, you just haven't practiced enough.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results