The Trick-
Hofzinser’s Aristocrats

Authors-
Kostya Kimlat + Syd Segal

Runtime-
7:33

Price-

What they say-
A multi-phased rendition of the classic Hofzinser Ace Trick developed by Kostya Kimlat & Syd Segal. In this version the spectator is given a role and takes part in the routine by helping the magician find the selection through means of magic, mathematics, and awesomeness. Watch as Kostya's professional approach turns even the simplest card trick into a magical experience...

Difficulty-
7/10 (10 being the most difficult)
This trick is fairly complex. Make sure you know what you are getting into. If you perform it the way he does, it involves culling, one handed palms and the undercover switch. If you have no expierience with any of these, dont get it. He does offer a way to do the trick without culling, which is how i perform it. You just have to put some work into it to make it all flow together. I am sure another switch could be used instead of the undercover switch

What you need-
A deck of cards, and a table. The effect is completely impromptu. No set up.

Angles-
This trick is basically angle proof, You need a table , but this could definitely be done surrounded.

Quality-
Exceptional

Teaching-
Everything is explained well. Nothing was hard to follow, nuff said

The Breakdown-
The effect has two phases. The first phase sets up the extremely powerful second. The first phase is incredibly simple and could be used as its own effect.

Personal Thoughts-
This quickly went into my repertoire. I am always looking out for great table magic effects. Everything is justified and the way the first phase sets up the second makes the trick flow perfectly. You can involve multiple spectators which is always a plus. The palm application was worth the price of the trick alone, something that can be used in many other effects. I have been using this for several weeks and the reactions are great.

*Things you should consider before you buy*
--Difficulty (reread the second paragraph)
--Practice, In addition to the individual moves taking a lot of work, you will need to spend a good amount of time making the routine smooth. This is NOT an effect you can purchase and practice for a few hours then go out and perform (no matter how much RD chopper tells you to)
--Audience management, especially if you are using multiple spectators, the climax can easily be spolied if you are not careful. Know your audience and adjust appropriately.

Overall-
If you are willing to put in the time, I would definitely recommend this and I believe it is worth the price.

8/10

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results