Jun 21, 2020
Hello members, I am looking for Richard turner style performance ideas that gets the spectator involved in “real word game conditions” I am comfortable with my false deals stacking etc hope someone can point me in the right direction Thankyou

Reactions: B. Nikolay
Nov 3, 2018
First things first, you need to be really good to present a whole show made up only of gambling demonstrations. And I don't mean technically good (though that's necessary as well, of course), but a good entertainer. It gets even more difficult if you want to make your demonstrations and your patter realistic; there's a reason for the amount of BS most performers have in their patter. Let's face it: There's only so much time you can spend on real-life gaming procedures before most people get bored.
That said, let's try to actually answer your question. Darwin Ortiz and Jason Ladanye come to mind; both have a lot of work on (pseudo) gambling demonstrations. Jason England and R. Paul Wilson have a lot on that topic, too (check out The Unreal Work 1 + 2, as well as Jason England's Penguin Lecture).
To come back to what I said above, watch a lot of performances by Ricky Jay, Jason England, Jason Ladanye and Darwin Ortiz. Though much of what they do doesn't require "the real work" (in terms of sleights), watching them perform will give you a feel for how to present it.

For more ideas, search the Magic Café forums I linked in the other threads. There might be some things there to help you.

Hope this helps!

PS: If you don't mind the question, how long have you been practicing gambling sleights?

Jun 21, 2020
Thankyou I have been practicing gambling sleights from Jason England’s foundations 1,2and 3 since the 00’S

You are right about presentation ! I have seen a lot of Darwin love it and Jason ladanye style is great Thankyou for the advise

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results