Holiday Competition

Alex Hancock

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
London, UK.
So I ran the numbers on this years' holiday competition vs. last year. This year my luck wasn't as good - or the wheel spins weren't as generous. Last year (I've only taken between 17th Dec and 31st Dec so that I'm using the same time period for my participation in both competitions) I averaged some 315 points a day, while this year my score was just 80 (free spins only not purchase spins).

And according to the stats, it's a statistically significant difference - this year competition was less generous.

(Still grateful :) - just like having some fun with numbers).

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
So I ran the numbers on this years' holiday competition vs. last year. This year my luck wasn't as good - or the wheel spins weren't as generous. Last year (I've only taken between 17th Dec and 31st Dec so that I'm using the same time period for my participation in both competitions) I averaged some 315 points a day, while this year my score was just 80 (free spins only not purchase spins).

And according to the stats, it's a statistically significant difference - this year competition was less generous.

(Still grateful :) - just like having some fun with numbers).

From one free spin per day, that's still pretty good luck! That'd add up to 1,120 points total for free - which is enough to generate a solid coupon code or save for something special in The Archive (recently updated, BTW). The holiday contest officially ended about 48 hours ago when someone finally snatched up the GoPro Hero4 Silver Edition prize! Thanks to everyone who participated this year - we had a blast and we're very thankful for the support.

Alex Hancock

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
London, UK.
The holiday contest officially ended about 48 hours ago when someone finally snatched up the GoPro Hero4 Silver Edition prize! Thanks to everyone who participated this year - we had a blast and we're very thankful for the support.

Free is always good luck! And indeed it encouraged me to make a few additional purchases too.

Give me a ping next year if you’d like some advice on how to stop that pesky “completion overruns because all the prizes haven’t been won” issue… actually that might not make me too popular. ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results