Hollywood Roosevelt Deck Question

Gabearoov

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2020
Nocona, Texas
This might of been covered before, but would the decks sold at the Hollywood Roosevelt be considered a Version 1 and the decks sold here V2? I know the decks from the hotel have a sticker on the cellophane, so that's why I'm asking. Thanks!!

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
This might of been covered before, but would the decks sold at the Hollywood Roosevelt be considered a Version 1 and the decks sold here V2? I know the decks from the hotel have a sticker on the cellophane, so that's why I'm asking. Thanks!!

There is only one version of this deck - we sell the same version the hotel sells. They all come from the same printings.

// L

Gabearoov

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2020
Nocona, Texas
There is only one version of this deck - we sell the same version the hotel sells. They all come from the same printings.

// L
Thank you for the reply Lyle. I kind of figured it was the same version. But because the ones from the hotel have the H.R. Sticker on them I wondered if it made them potentially more rare then the ones from here on the website.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Thank you for the reply Lyle. I kind of figured it was the same version. But because the ones from the hotel have the H.R. Sticker on them I wondered if it made them potentially more rare then the ones from here on the website.

If it is on the outside of the cellophane, it was added after the printing process. I don't know what H. R. Sticker you are referring to, but I assume it is something that the Roosevelt added once they got their cards. Definitely the same edition, but I don't think that most people would consider it a different variant because it wasn't created that way. There may be some market for collectors who want to get every single variation of a deck, regardless of who created the variation, but not sure. I suppose the only way to find out is to check out existing sales, or try to sell your own.

// L

Gabearoov

Elite Member
Jan 13, 2020
Nocona, Texas
If it is on the outside of the cellophane, it was added after the printing process. I don't know what H. R. Sticker you are referring to, but I assume it is something that the Roosevelt added once they got their cards. Definitely the same edition, but I don't think that most people would consider it a different variant because it wasn't created that way. There may be some market for collectors who want to get every single variation of a deck, regardless of who created the variation, but not sure. I suppose the only way to find out is to check out existing sales, or try to sell your own.

// L
Here is a pic of what I was talking about, I was able to obtain a Deck from the hotel before the Covid mess. And I remember they were popping up on eBay at the time and being called V1. I think of them more as a unintentional variation, but still very cool to have in my growing collection.

Attachments

• 0702201431a~3.jpg
    0702201431a~3.jpg
    718.7 KB · Views: 150

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Here is a pic of what I was talking about, I was able to obtain a Deck from the hotel before the Covid mess. And I remember they were popping up on eBay at the time and being called V1. I think of them more as a unintentional variation, but still very cool to have in my growing collection.

100% a sales sticker that The Roosevelt added to the cellophane after receiving the V1 decks. Cool thing to have in your collection.

// L

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results