Houdini

Jul 27, 2008
www.youtube.com
hey guys. i thought that some people on theory11 may be interested in a movie i just watched and then bought. it is titled death defying stunts. its about houdini. guy peirce plays houdini and while the movie revolves around a love story they show a pretty accurate renactment of houdinis death. if anyone is interested i can send parts of this movie in quick time files.

Jan 10, 2009
new jersey
I just watched death defying acts last night coicedently and it was very moving and inspiring thats so weird. I loved how they showed the "real houdini" and how he suffered throughout his career with the free shots to the abdomen. And his work ethic was untouched. I highly recommend this film. And the results to the 10,000 psychioc challenge....was that for movie drama or fact?

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
hey guys. i thought that some people on theory11 may be interested in a movie i just watched and then bought. it is titled death defying stunts. its about houdini. guy peirce plays houdini and while the movie revolves around a love story they show a pretty accurate renactment of houdinis death. if anyone is interested i can send parts of this movie in quick time files.

Um, you bought it, and now are going to copy it? You know that is illegal right?

You guys should read the new houdini book called 'the secret life of houdini the making of america's first super hero"

its amazing and is the most indepth coverage of houdini's life to date. it even talkes about how he worked as a spy and stuff, how he didn't actually have a weird obsession with his mommy, and his wife beth was a hermafrodite (ok i made that last one up).

i'm not much of a reader of big books like this but i can't put it down, its definetly worth checking out...

Nov 30, 2007
You guys should read the new houdini book called 'the secret life of houdini the making of america's first super hero"

its amazing and is the most indepth coverage of houdini's life to date. it even talkes about how he worked as a spy and stuff, how he didn't actually have a weird obsession with his mommy, and his wife beth was a hermafrodite (ok i made that last one up).

i'm not much of a reader of big books like this but i can't put it down, its definetly worth checking out...

So true. This book is absolutely amazing! I haven't read all of it yet but what I have read is great. Somehow I managed to get 3 copies of this book from presents and I bought one myself.

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
I find this to be complete BS.

I remember first hearing about it listening to Penn Radio, where even the poster boy for skeptics was being pulled into this "theory."

One of the arguments that convinced him was that you apparently could not get appendicitis from a punch to the gut.

HOWEVER, a punch to the gut will most certainly aggravate an already inflamed appendix, and more than likely cause it to rupture.

THIS is how Houdini died. The blow did not give him appendicitis, that is absurd, the blow ruptured his already inflamed appendix.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results