Hovercard - Dan Harlan

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
Hey guys, I have been looking for an effect that involves a quick levitation of card, to go along with a routine I'm trying to come with. What do some of you guys think of it? Is it practical? How are the reactions?

May 31, 2008
Extremely practical, if you're going to buy it from Ellusionist.com don't bother getting the DVD. IT doesn't offer any advice that the manual it normally comes with doesn't. Just shop around for the lowest prices.

Also, make sure you take care of the gimmick. I broke mine after about a month and now it levitates very oddly.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
although its practical, I dont like it.
It doesnt look as amazing to me. Sure it looks like its floating, but i still dont like the way it hovers.
Im not sure about single card levitations though...
DG's static is easy and its quite good when done well.

Oct 11, 2007
Dude I LOVE this levitation...but go to penguin magic because they have a book with it inside. It's still by Dan Harlan but it's called Face-Off instead and it teaches you how to make the gimmick for it which isn't hard at all. Plus the book has some other practical levitations in it that you can do with IT. It also comes with some IT and teached you how to make your own thread reel! Anyway it's a great levitation with somewhat limited angles...but you can get people to stand where you want. If you think that you would like some nice tips and hints then I'd get it from Ellusionist!

Here's the link to the penguin bookhttp://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=5275

Here's the link to the E product
http://www.ellusionist.com/hovercard-levitating-card.html

Practice!

-emagician

Extremely practical, if you're going to buy it from Ellusionist.com don't bother getting the DVD. IT doesn't offer any advice that the manual it normally comes with doesn't. Just shop around for the lowest prices.

Also, make sure you take care of the gimmick. I broke mine after about a month and now it levitates very oddly.

Don't listen to this guy right here. He doesn't know what's he's saying at all. If you getting it from Ellusionist, please get the DVD along with it. If you buy the Hover Card it self, it do not comes with any instruction. I personally loved it; I have done it in my act all the time and everytime I do it, I can hear people in the room started to make weird faces. It's funny. Buy it.

May 31, 2008
Don't listen to this guy right here. He doesn't know what's he's saying at all. If you getting it from Ellusionist, please get the DVD along with it. If you buy the Hover Card it self, it do not comes with any instruction. I personally loved it; I have done it in my act all the time and everytime I do it, I can hear people in the room started to make weird faces. It's funny. Buy it.

How flatterimg, (Don't listen to this guy right here. He doesn't know what he's sayin' at all.)

When I got Hovercard aboit two years ago from E I received written instructions and they were very detailed. I just looked at it, it exists.

You don't need the DVD from E if you are going to get this effect. The gimmick isn't THAT hard to figure out, and about 20 minutes in front of a mirror and you'll have this working like a pro. The instructions that come with the effect are well written and do a good job explaining it. Even if they forget to send you the instructions this effect is still pretty strait forward enough to figure out on your own. As an additional point, you should be coming up with your presentation anyways, so the DVD is for either an extreme beginner, someone with money to burn, or a collector.

As for the effect, this is hands down one of my most favorite levitations out there period.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results