how advanced is the trilogy

Sep 1, 2007
I have not been doing magic to long and am wondering if the trilogy is right for me. I hear the some of the material is pretty advanced and am wondering if I should wait.

Sep 3, 2007
I have not been doing magic to long and am wondering if the trilogy is right for me. I hear the some of the material is pretty advanced and am wondering if I should wait.

In my opinion you should probably wait until you get more used to handling cards.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Yeah the Trilogy is for more intermediate to advanced magicians. The tricks section is probably the easiest, but it still requires you to have a fair amount of experience. The flourishes section is by far the hardest, and everythingelse has some hard stuff and some moderate stuff. Nothing for a beginner looking for some good easy tricks though. I recommend you get the Art of Astonishment series by Paul Harris. That has some pretty fun tricks, and you can just keep finding new things every time you open the book.
dM

The Trilogy isn't definately not something to start with. If you want to flourish, I'd begin with Extreme Beginners, then get The System and if you still want to flourish after those two, then move onto the Trilogy. As for the magic; Don't even think about it! If you're new, the magic is too advanced. Their handlings will be way easier once you're more experienced in general. They use flourishy handlings on somewhat simple tricks to make spectacular performances, but it wont make a lick of difference if you don't have the basics.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
I do agree with what others have said... but still think that if you have the determination and patience, and put in the time and effort then go for it as the material is fantastic.

Sep 1, 2007
Bristol,England
I do agree with what others have said... but still think that if you have the determination and patience, and put in the time and effort then go for it as the material is fantastic.

I couldn't agree with you more, yes some of the effects may be considered as 'Intermediate' or Advanced'.

But the teaching is excellent, all the moves are broken down and repeated several times for clairty.
Which makes learning these effects alot easier.

I recommend you learn the basics first, get a copy of 'royal road to card magic' first though:D

Hope this helps

Many thanks

Daniel Chard

Sep 1, 2007

Let me put it this way, Dan and Dave are not human.

But yea its Intermediate to Advanced. I would wait a wile to get the trilogy.

Sep 1, 2007
If you want The Trilogy, I would go out and buy Xtreme Beginners. The Trilogy is pretty advanced and not for the faint hand.

It is pretty advanced, but like others have said if you have determination, you could learn some of the stuff. But personally, if you just started, you should opt for some other material which has been mentioned above and I'll re-mention.

Royal Road to card magic and the Card college books are great.

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
If you want The Trilogy, I would go out and buy Xtreme Beginners. The Trilogy is pretty advanced and not for the faint hand.

If you're wanting to get into card manipulation Xtreme Beginners is definetly the one to start with. Trilogy gives a lot more flare but it also takes a lot more practice. good luck

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results