How do you do this?

Sep 16, 2007
Raalte
youtube.com
Yea, i would love to know the source of the trick, and i can't see any sleight.
It wouldn't be a pass. That would be impossible, and you also see the Jack of Hearts at the bottom.

Hmmm...

Sep 1, 2007
austria
i love this trick! i've also wondered how it's done, and i've come up with a couple of theories, i'll put them to the test...

Aik0z said:
It wouldn't be a pass. That would be impossible, and you also see the Jack of Hearts at the bottom.

i'm not saying it actually is a pass, because i don't know wheather it is or it is not, but it could be a pass and a one-way forcing deck with one odd card or some kind of a pass with a bottom card retention, but i've got another idea that is more likely to be the real method, at least i'm quite sure how the last rise is done, and if the previous ones are done in the same way then i think i know how...

but maybe i'm just wrong.

Aug 31, 2007
me too... I think its 100$ at e :S

This is NOT the Escalator that E is selling; the method is completely different.

I'm glad that others are seeing this video. I remember seeing it for the first time several months ago, and was just floored. Again, great job Jeff!

Sep 1, 2007
correct on the S.W. Elevator. Just so everyone knows, this is not an easy trick by any means! :D which shows off Jeff's ability.

Sep 1, 2007
the book is called totally out of control, not out of this world...
and yea its in there, hard to get down, but pretty cool

BUT. This is not the effect found in Mr. Kenner's book. Because Kenner's effect utillises a move that has previously been mentioned in this thread, more precisely the S.W.E Shift, without me going further into the methods used in the book. (It was kind of obvious from the name anyway)

This is indeed a VERY nice elevator, and I've loved it ever since I was taught it a few years ago.

Allan Hagen.

Sep 3, 2007
Canada, Quebec
There's a trick taught in the Impossible Card Magic by Ray Kosby (called Raise Rise) that looks very similar to this...however, it's done with the card faced down.
And... the method behind that is quite hard to do in my opinion...

Sep 1, 2007
Melbourne
Allan is absolutely right
this effect is actually the 'elevator'' by Shigeo Futagawa
I do this effect a lot and it absolutely kills.

Sep 1, 2007
It can be found on the Obsession DVD by P.K. Son. The effect is called The Deviant Drifter. Oh and the website is 2DeeMagic.

Now say thank you... *laughs*

-Dave T. Wiltrout-

Aug 31, 2007
It can be found on the Obsession DVD by P.K. Son. The effect is called The Deviant Drifter. Oh and the website is 2DeeMagic.

Now say thank you... *laughs*

-Dave T. Wiltrout-

The method is not the same, as is noted in P.K. Son's video. And if you watch performances of both effects, you'll notice some differences.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results