How do you organize your (growing) technical knowledge, references, notes ?

Oct 18, 2017
Hi everyone I begin in magic and have learned some controls/forces/palms/DLs/...

Now I want to take notes of what I like/don't like about them, link to some references where I can find more details on a specific technique (e.g. link to a videos, book name and page number, URL, picture, you name it ...)
In a word : I want to have a knowledge database of what I'm currently learning so it is all categorized/linked/searchable, ....

So I decided a wiki (like DokuWiki for example) will be a good starting point. I'm also considering using "conjuringarchive" categories (https://www.conjuringarchive.com/tree) to classify sleight techniques.

What do you think ? What kind of (digital/internet) tool (if any) do you use to "organize" your (growing) knowledge in magic ?

PS : I'm french so excuse me for my bad English :)

Thanks !!

Jun 18, 2019
West Bengal, India
What do you think ? What kind of (digital/internet) tool (if any) do you use to "organize" your (growing) knowledge in magic ?
I use these tools. These contain my thoughts on magic, effects I found amazing and wrote down, my thoughts on magic, small tips for practising, my thoughts on magic, scripts and my thoughts on magic.
B_1xl_Sg2T4

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_1xl_Sg2T4/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

I know you asked for Internet/digital notes but this is how I do the BASIC organising.

After this, I make sure to keep the desktop of my laptop very organised. Half of the stress of managing things and life in general just vanishes away after doing that work. I don't get all Monica Geller about it but I have separate folders for my ebooks and downloaded pdf's, for the photos I take, for the videos which I have edited and are ready to be posted, for the videos of me practising cardistry, for the videos of me practising sleights (all this so that I can review them later. My cardistry practising video folder is empty by the way.), for screenshots of amazing advice and suggestions from Theory XI, Reddit, Magic Cafe, etc, and for saved performance videos of magicians or cardists.

I bookmark all the websites I discover which aren't really mainstream (NOT Theory XI and the likes) but are amazing, I follow or again, bookmark instagram pages and accounts related to magic, and use separate labels and filters to sort out the notifications I receive from magic websites (because 99% of the lists I'm subscribed to are magic-related).

By the way, I used to never use the bookmarking feature of Chrome. But once I started, my life has become so much easier. I also frequently refer to Conjuring Archive for sources of moves.

Okay fine. Maybe I'm a bit Monica Geller-y. But it's fun.

Reactions: kondor
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results