How do you perform flourishes?

How do you perform your flourishes?

• As a part of my magic act...

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Independently of magic, in front of live audineces, like ballet...

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • In my boxers in front of my computer's webcam for other people in their boxers...

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • For my mommy.

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
Sep 1, 2007
I flourish in the middle of a routine to sort of show off to my spectators. I'll just talk causally. I'll do a swivel cut. Maybe a charlier. And then pop a geurilla false sybil on their asses.

Best attention getter and I don't even have to say a word, do the right moves at the right time and people will notice. I usually do a 2-3 minute XCM routine before stepping into anything magic, but usually the spectator will ask if I'm able to do some, but if I don't feel up for the magic I could probably chat and do 2 more minutes before I'm done for my walk around informal style.

I've never performed for paid gigs yet and I don't plan on it. College and work is enough for me right now, maybe over the summer I'd plan stuff better to get gigs but probably I'm going to be partying and staying out too late for me to even remember what time to go to my client.

Sep 1, 2007
okay, real answer, only for a youtube channel so far. one day i hope to perform outside the magic shop at pikes place market in Seattle, probably not independent of magic though (given the location)

Sep 1, 2007
Amsterdam
when i dont have a mirror. aka in the public transports or where ever i got nothing to do.

when i do have a mirror, i practise sleights.

Nov 8, 2007
Card fluorishes??

Aww man... I'm still suck at alot of fluorishes... Watching Dan&Dave makes me feel so dumb... But I know there must be a reason they're on TV, websites... making their own dvd... All i can do was false sybil and some really simple false cuts... made up some of my own, visual but not so convincing...

my fingers do not coordinate well. I'm pretty sure i got the finger strength... damn... why...? Arghh...

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Aww man... I'm still suck at alot of fluorishes... Watching Dan&Dave makes me feel so dumb... But I know there must be a reason they're on TV, websites... making their own dvd... All i can do was false sybil and some really simple false cuts... made up some of my own, visual but not so convincing...

my fingers do not coordinate well. I'm pretty sure i got the finger strength... damn... why...? Arghh...

It's a matter of practice. :)

You will become more able to do moves as you practice them more.

-Vince

Jul 23, 2007
New York, NY
You don't need to do a big fancy two-handed cut to impress people. They aren't as strict and "n00b"-hating as some of the people here. :p

A one-handed revolution cut blows peoples minds every time I show it to them. It's in the presentation. I tend to do it for small groups. One way that works is just start small, show some struggle, and gradually let it grow into your more complicated moves.

You don't need to do a big fancy two-handed cut to impress people. They aren't as strict and "n00b"-hating as some of the people here. :p

A one-handed revolution cut blows peoples minds every time I show it to them. It's in the presentation. I tend to do it for small groups. One way that works is just start small, show some struggle, and gradually let it grow into your more complicated moves.

Your right about that. When ever I do a simple charlier cut there like Wow. Then to showoff I do molecule or five faces of sibil and they think I'm a pro.

Sep 1, 2007
Surrey.U.K

Listen you must to this man, much truth he speaks. Watch the VorteX sequence you must.

Sep 2, 2007
Laymen will be impressed by a riffle shuffle. J5 is totally unnecessary. Go for visual and difficult looking, a difficult and complex move will most likely look the same to them as an easier move. Actually, they'd probably enjoy a spring more than j5.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results