How hard grip

Sep 1, 2007
What is by your experience the best grip for general slight of hand when handeling the deck? A hard grip, a loose grip, or something in between like a firm grip. What's your experience?

Jul 13, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
What is by your experience the best grip for general slight of hand when handeling the deck? A hard grip, a loose grip, or something in between like a firm grip. What's your experience?

mechanic grip .... i just hold it so that it doesn't fall off.

Just find the grip that suits you !

Apr 1, 2009
California
what I've learned is that the lighter you treat your sleights, the smoother they'll be. You want to have a firm grasp of course. But be loose and comfortable. Many a times I've failed a sleight due to gripping too hard or too much tension.

hold the deck as if it were a bird. Firm enough to be sure that it can't fly away but light enough not to crush it. Basically just don't drop 'em haha. If there's no need to be gripping the deck tight (i.e. you're not swinging your hand around like a mad man) then just hold it lightly. Don't think about it. Just do it.

Sep 1, 2007
My experience is that a loose grip suits me best. But then again I have a tendence to hold it much harder when doing shows. Probably something with me beeing nervous. Hehe, I liked the bird metafor.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results