How is the Erdnase Top Palm invisible?

Jan 27, 2018
Ok, I spent 7 months on the Erdnase Top Palm First Method. Even though I had a really difficult time learning the move, I continued to try since I kept hearing everybody mentioning how invisible the Erdnase Top Palm is, and that it's the best palm ever. Maybe I'm doing something incorrectly, but I feel like the move takes too long to perform (getting the break and swinging the card specifically) and I feel like the palm is making too much noise. What makes this palm so invisible? How can somebody do this palm in such a short amount of time? Do I need more practice? Am I doing something incorrectly? Somebody please convince me why the Erdnase Top Palm is so amazing and invisible.

Reactions: Mr_ARPY

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Bob White has a download called Practical Card Palming. He explains most palms that you will ever need including the Erdnase Palms. Maybe you should reference this download. Hope this helps.:)

Sep 10, 2017
Ok, I spent 7 months on the Erdnase Top Palm First Method. Even though I had a really difficult time learning the move, I continued to try since I kept hearing everybody mentioning how invisible the Erdnase Top Palm is, and that it's the best palm ever. Maybe I'm doing something incorrectly, but I feel like the move takes too long to perform (getting the break and swinging the card specifically) and I feel like the palm is making too much noise. What makes this palm so invisible? How can somebody do this palm in such a short amount of time? Do I need more practice? Am I doing something incorrectly? Somebody please convince me why the Erdnase Top Palm is so amazing and invisible.
There are different resources for it that are all better than the explanation in the actual book. I suggest Jason England's download on palming, Bob White's practical palming, and finally John Carney on palming. If you are a book guy, you can always use Ed Marlo's action palms as a reference.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Aug 9, 2018
United Kingdom
There are different resources for it that are all better than the explanation in the actual book. I suggest Jason England's download on palming, Bob White's practical palming, and finally John Carney on palming. If you are a book guy, you can always use Ed Marlo's action palms as a reference.

There are also some very nice palms in The Card Magic of LePaul

The Erdnase Top Palm has been modified since 1902. While the modifications aren't important for this discussion, I'll mention it's superiority rest in the left fourth finger motivating the palm.

Your left fourth finger is completely hidden under the deck and your right palm, making it's movement completely invisible. Now, since it's movement is also responsible for the palming action your right hand isn't seen "dipping." And your left thumb isn't seen moving.

The left hand third finger, in charge of propelling the card (s) into palm, is provided the same cover as the left fourth finger.

Mind you, there are more reasons for why it is one of the best. I just listed one to answer your question. Simply put, it is much more difficult to master this palm, however, this palm compared to others at the same level of mastery is the best.

P.s. don't stress speed, stress timing.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results