How long before you started working?

Well I was doing magic for 8 years before I started doing paid shows....I started when I was 16, and now I turn 18 in two weeks (December 4th!).

I'm working on a completely new show right now though, suitable for theaters. It's not so much magic, but I'm not ready to reveal it either. I hope to have it set to market by the fall of 2008, if all goes as planned. Then it will hopefully be done and presentable by early to mid 2009.

Best.
Steve

Well that's just me. I waited so long because of other reasons...

a. I didn't want to set myself up for failure.

b. I wanted to wait until I was AT LEAST 16.

c. I felt that magic as a hobby wasn't cuttin' it for me...I needed to start getting something out of it or quit.

I'd say once you have about 5 years in, and have had numerous performances to friends, family, and strangers, then you might be able to start taking it a bit more serious.

Best.
Steve

Don't let age be a limit. Start off with small shows--family and friends. Then, get hired or perform at parties, neighboorhood gatherings, popular places, etc. Soon, build a local reputation. Maybe there'll be a show with magic involved you can try. If all goes well, you'll be on your way in no time.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results