How long should a walk around street performance be?

Jun 8, 2008
Hey guys
I'm working on putting a few tricks together, So I can start getting some performing experience

How long do some of you usually go for ?

I mean is 3 tricks good maybe 5- 10 mins of material ? Do you sometimes just do 1 trick to test it out ??

I'm just trying to get some ideas together

Thanks for the help everyone.

Jul 10, 2008
i only do like 15 min. and for the people that get bored i just go away!!!!!111hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!1111:D

May 4, 2008
NYC
well u should definitely have a quick, simple, eye-candy trick to open so that you draw your spectators' attention
the middle of your performance shouldn't be too long. I would say about 5-8 minutes? IDK, it should be pretty visual and effective though.
and to close it, you should leave the spectators in awe. Do something crazy like stigmata. it always freaks them out. The ending should be about, idk, 5 minutes? Nothing too long to bore the audience.
So all together, thats about 10-15 minutes?that should be good enough...unless of course the spectators say they wanna see more. :D

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
Go stand on the street, in the sun.

How long are you comfortable there?

What if you had somewhere to be?

What if you were just walking around and killing time?

What if you were a girl and in less comfortable shoes?

How about if you had already been out walking around running errands? How long then?

You ask a tough question that no one can really answer, because everyone you show some magic to will be different.

I know you're asking this question so you know how to prepare, but this is a question that only performing for other people will answer.

My advice to prepare would be this:
1. When performing for people, learn to do 20% less than you think they will be interested in watching. Show them something, make them love it, then take it away. They'll leave wishing you had shown more instead of wishing you'd go away.
2. Perform material that you REALLY have down technically so that you can concentrate on spectator reaction. What is his or her body language. What is the energy level. How did the energy change as you performed longer? If they make eye contact when you talk or if they touch you, they're in. If they keep looking away or step backwards when you step forward, they're done with you.

Have fun. Be brave.

I do as less as possible and let them begging for more. Usually 2 tricks that don´t last too long. Like 3-4min top. You have to put the best stuff that really get the wow to the peoples minds. The more you do the less you will be remembered. When some of them pass me by they wave or say hello some want to see something.

May 10, 2008
I agree with Twozwozer's system. OInly thing I can add is that if your audnce is really into your routine, do another trick before your fnale that helps build up to it. A fast hard hitting trick is prefferable for this position. Anothe thing is that, if you can, avoid using a double climax trick as the finale depending if you want to leave them in awe, or a double climax in screams. Its personal prefferenc really.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results