How many T11 members participate in exposure sites?

Dec 26, 2007
Recently I have been talking to members of an exposure site and I assume many are members here and other places. My question is this are peoples feelings starting to change about exposure of effects. My views are that it is wrong and should never happen but maybe I am old fashioned.

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
Hehe

Sorry mate, I doubt anyone will admit it... People may just enter these sites because they are short on cash, or do not want to purchase an effect they are not FULLY sure they want to buy. If they can get these for free, why pay for them... :/ People may be ashamed to admit it, or maybe just plain don't want to.

Best of luck getting people to respond, although I doubt they will.

Cheers,

-Sanj

Sep 3, 2007
Recently I have been talking to members of an exposure site and I assume many are members here and other places. My question is this are peoples feelings starting to change about exposure of effects. My views are that it is wrong and should never happen but maybe I am old fashioned.

Great question. I'm aware of at least one site that I checked out for awhile but they were exposing all over the place so I stopped visiting. I like to still not know the secret if that makes any sense. But then, like you said peoples feelings are changing about magic exposure it seems so obvious and it's really saddening. The thing is that there is a lack of respect for ideas.

Sep 3, 2007
Sorry mate, I doubt anyone will admit it... People may just enter these sites because they are short on cash, or do not want to purchase an effect they are not FULLY sure they want to buy. If they can get these for free, why pay for them... :/ People may be ashamed to admit it, or maybe just plain don't want to.

Best of luck getting people to respond, although I doubt they will.

Cheers,

-Sanj

That just goes to show you that many times people are lying by not saying anything.

D

Deleted member 2755

Its a shame that these types of places exist. I never go to them. If I ever came up with a new concept and released it, I would be torn to see it online for free either being exposed or available as a download. The thing is though, I'm not one of those artists. I can only imagine what it is like as an artist for the first time to see your material on the internet being downloaded by those whom simply don't appreciate your work enough to pay the money you deserve for coming up with a concept and helping the art. Its a shame. Its also a reason why many magicians don't and will never release their greatest material.

-Doug

Great question. I'm aware of at least one site that I checked out for awhile but they were exposing all over the place so I stopped visiting. I like to still not know the secret if that makes any sense. But then, like you said peoples feelings are changing about magic exposure it seems so obvious and it's really saddening. The thing is that there is a lack of respect for ideas.

I don't go there any more either. They all hate E, too much bad language, exposure all over, "Exo-you know what" just plain sucks!

Oct 25, 2008
Michigan
Everybody is cheap, why buy something, anything when you can get it for free, me included. But I think that most of us who are serious about magic and understand that poeple are making a living off of these ideas are legit.

To answer the question I dont, and havnt participated in exposure sites. I do however share new matirial with some of my magician friends from time to time, I dont see how that's so different. I guess I'm a bad person.

Dec 10, 2007
excellent question... I would say if i had to guess about half of the members here either occasionally visit exposure sites or occasionally search for effects on youtube.

I know that when i started i went to LMT but i didnt really know any better. But had it not been for places like that i would have never gotten stayed in magic, thus i would have never spent any money on the art. I think that if you go to these sites, you will eventually get to the point where you are too good to really get much from them, then you go and pay for things. If you never plan to expand past that, then you most likely never would have paid 30 dollars for a DVD.

So i think that most beginners go to those sites for a little while. The only people that you hear say anything about it though are those that are hardcore against it. and if anyone does speak up about doing it their voice is drowned out by all the others bashing them. I think they have their purpose in the art, and i know that they have had a positive impact on me as a magician.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

To be clear, i dont go to LMT or any other exposure sites, as i said i feel that after a while you just advance past it and realize its worth the money for the real version.

May 3, 2008
I will admit that it's how I started and how may people started. When I first began, I just wanted something cool to do with my spare time and learned some stuff from youtube, etc. Then I got serious about my magic and started to respect it more as an art than something that can be learned because someone told you. Then I found a magic shop and saw no point in exposure anymore. I wish I hadn't been one of those kids who searched tricks up on youtube and LMT, but I did and I regret it.

May 7, 2008
MoNTReaL 514 *****!
i think alot of us watched atleast one tutorial on youtube
i don't like exposure but at the same time without youtube i'd would never know how beatiful magic is
i think it's OK to expose one trick only one soo people who would learn it would rather decide to keep on doing magic or stop thinking they know everything

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia

As many have said, ones who are guilty will not post here. You know what's worse though? People who still do it, who will post here and said "Yeah I used to" as a way of absolving themselves of guilt. I do know people here who currently and continue to use exposure sites.

Well, I'm not ashamed to admit it but, I was once part of an exposure site. I found copies of pirated videos online and I watched them and learned because that was what I thought was OK at the time. After a month or 2 of that I started following the Whatistheory11.com videos and came here. Ever since then I've never gone back to that site nor have I pirated any magic videos and realized how wrong it is. I could go on and on about that but, let's keep this short and sweet.

I now purchase everything from my very own pocket. Of my parents. :)

-RA69.

Nov 25, 2007
i used to paticipate.....i even was a mod at one of the sites. Stopped doing magic because I realized what i have been doing,a and it was so wrong. I still dont do magic anymore.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results