How 'Rich' are Magicians?

Oct 6, 2007
This may sound weird, but Im wondering...how well off are magicians?
Im not talking about ones that perfor on stage or in bars, where they get paid by show/hour, but creators like Wayne Houchin and Danny Garcia.

Are they like mega rich?

THanks

Aug 31, 2007
Imagination Land
Well ill give u this ...

Cooperfield is in Forbes :D

Criss angel { has a Tv show } doesnt even rank close to his feet

Blaines got cash thanks to his million dollar tv specials .

more info go to www.forbes.com

As for our fellow magicians here ( .house just blows up.):p

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
Well ill give u this ...

Cooperfield is in Forbes :D

Criss angel { has a Tv show } doesnt even rank close to his feet

Blaines got cash thanks to his million dollar tv specials .

more info go to www.forbes.com

As for our fellow magicians here ( .house just blows up.):p
but I mean wayne houchin, madison, danny garcia and those guys that doesnt have a tv show or something like that ;)

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Wayne has duct taped nunchuks....what more needs to be said?

Chris has a stuffed beaver in his house! You need to be loaded to pull off something like that.

JB has an iPhone so you know he is loaded.

Danny never wears shoes. He says he likes to go barefoot as much as possible but secretly he just has issues with buying his shoes at Wal-Mart so he decided to use the comfortable barefoot angle instead.

Lee digs Foie Gras so you know he is loaded to the teeth.

Aaron is just too nice to be rich. When he goes cutthroat and gets nasty he will start making the big bucks.

Double agents are currently at work uncovering details on the remaining artists here. More to come....

--Jim

Sep 1, 2007
if you want to be hella rich magician without doing any work, all you have to do is to rebadge old tricks and sell them for $30 .... use nice editing software and pick a drunk buffoon for your demo video

As Chris Kenner stated in the Q&A video, Danny makes a lot of money selling and creating tricks rather than performing.

It pretty much depends on who you are... if you are a low-level type of guy who's sort of a party entertainer, it's not much, but it's feasable. Versus Criss Angel, 'nuff said.

I have really no idea, but I'm pretty sure these people are well off. They have hit tricks being sold, they can afford a nice lobby and 250 wynns every night and weekly contests... consider that. :)

Let me tell you this, sorry to let you down. Most magicians have side jobs to earn money. The only magicians that live off their magic are the ones with their names world known (Derren Brown/David Blaine/Lance Burton/David Copperfield/ETC, or the ones who have regular bookings from clients such as tradeshows, or top gigs.

If you think how many magicians actually make it to the famous magic world, it really is not that many compared to how many magicians their actually are.

I'm rich.

... ha

Haha, and i'm a *sharp* dresser... haha

Well, to ruin the fun as I so often seem to do, its none of our damn business really... Yes its interesting but is it really of our concern?

Paul Harris goes to the bahama's with a case of suntan lotion and a six pack of tallys... okay maybe he's not the best example.... haha

Sharp
PS. ^ sharp, get it?... nevermind...

Sep 1, 2007
Houston TX
Well Danny Garcia has a 07' mustang
so he is pretty well off. (although he only lives with one person)

plus he paid for my dinner last weekend so he is definitely a great guy no matter how much he has money.

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
unless famous, and yes including laymen, then they are probably rich, but the people who sell tricks are probably just average and not too rich, enough to have decent life but not like millionaires. I don't know though, and if you don't get an answer, well it's none of your business then.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
As stated before, magicians like Danny and Wayne make more off of their already released products than just performing alone. They get royalties every time their product sells, like a movie star or director does for movies they make.

Other people such as David Copperfield and Lance Burton make their money off of live shows in Vegas, etc. They are pretty well off, considering they are such big names in not just the magic industry, but entertainment in general.

So, to sum it up, creators (Danny, Wayne) are well off but not insanely rich, while big name magicians in Vegas (Burton, Copperfield) make much more and are probably pretty rich.

I mean, look at it this way: Copperfield owns an island. How's that for cool?

//David.Misner::

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
They are very well off

It depends on how much they work for it

People like Copperfield and Burton get WELL Over 100 Million dollar contracts for so many years of work.

People like Wayne who get a vast majority of sales because of the popularity of these sites compared to the others are well off as well. People like Kevin Parker are still making so many thousands of dollars a month and in my book his site isn't a fraction as popular as the other sites like Ellusionist and Penguin. Theory 11 is getting up there I think because the products are advertised by reviews and everyone that knows about penguin and ellusionist that go on the forum know about T11.

Hint* INDECENT grossed more in it's first 24 hours of release than Gigli grossed in it's 2nd weekend at the boxoffice (from Wayne Houchin's Site)

Think, that in just the first 24 hours? Imagine how much it has made until now.

Even with royalties you can imagine the check for Wayne adding up to a very nice portion...Just for Indecent.
--------

If you work as a magician and really sell yourself and do a few shows a week and avertise yourself at expensive parties for 800 a party or 300-400 an hour then you should be making a good +40,000 depending on how well you sell yourself and how well and hard you work.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results