How To Build A Professional Site For Under $10

I know I already did a website help thread, but I've learned a few more things, so here's another.

First, sign up for a free site at www.viviti.com. Build your site, so it will be ready at your site's launch. Next, go to www.godaddy.com and buy your domain. When buying it, I would recommend using a coupon code from http://www.couponwinner.com/MerchantCoupons.aspx?MID=114, which will make it cheaper.

PLEASE NOTE - You do not need to buy a hosting plan from GoDaddy for this.

Log in to GoDaddy, then go to your domain. Click "Total DNS Control and MX Records," then delete the IP adress where it says "A (Host)." Now, click "Add New A Record." Set the host name as "@" (no quotes) and the "Points To IP Adress:" as "76.74.224.20" (again, no qoutes). Now, click OK. Got to Viviti, log in, and click "Website Settings." Now, click "Hostname Mapping" and then click "Add Hostname." Click "Next," then type your adress, with no http:// prefix or www. The, click "Set As Primary."

I think that's it! If anyone does it, remember to post the link!

Example Site: www.thecupcakearmy.com

I am not saying this is better than a professionally designed site, but it is easy and cheap, and looks good. I've heard many people asking about websites' so I thought I'd help.

Last edited by a moderator:
YAY! Im right.

JDEN

I would strongly agree that this is in no way professional and will do no one any favours. It may cost under £10 but it will cost you more in lost respect and / or sales in the long run.

Professionally designed websites are professionally designed for a reason; they're professional. My strong advice - and I'm speaking from over 17years experience in Advertising - is leave designing and website construction to the designers and web developers and if you want a decent site design and build, pay the right people to do it for you.

If one can't afford to, then it would lead to questioning whether someone is ready to have one.

Rabid

I would strongly agree that this is in no way professional and will do no one any favours. It may cost under £10 but it will cost you more in lost respect and / or sales in the long run.

Professionally designed websites are professionally designed for a reason; they're professional. My strong advice - and I'm speaking from over 17years experience in Advertising - is leave designing and website construction to the designers and web developers and if you want a decent site design and build, pay the right people to do it for you.

If one can't afford to, then it would lead to questioning whether someone is ready to have one.

Rabid
Was that directed to me, or the thread in general?

JDEN

Ok. If you don't want to use it, don't use it. If you're going to be negative, leave. Thousands of people use Viviti, and tons of them are web designers. Your site isn't very professional, and would probably look, work, and feel better with Viviti. But, that's just me...

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
Ok. If you don't want to use it, don't use it. If you're going to be negative, leave. Thousands of people use Viviti, and tons of them are web designers. Your site isn't very professional, and would probably look, work, and feel better with Viviti. But, that's just me...

Thank you for posting this actually. I've started using Viviti since you posted it because it's rather nice looking site which fits nicely with what I'm trying to do. I feel that most of you are rather negative/hostile and it gives off a terrible impression. He was merely trying to be helpful in posting this thread, be appreciative.

Thank you for posting this actually. I've started using Viviti since you posted it because it's rather nice looking site which fits nicely with what I'm trying to do. I feel that most of you are rather negative/hostile and it gives off a terrible impression. He was merely trying to be helpful in posting this thread, be appreciative.
Thanks! Your site is looking pretty good, and I'm glad someone appreciated this.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
While we're on the subject of professional sites, JDEN you have an incredible amount of spelling mistakes on your site and in your "products" >.>

I think the point of Viviti is though that ok, it's never gonna look as professional as Theory11 or one of these sites designed by designers with close consultation with the client. But, for the right audience, a lot of people could appreciate this being suitable for their level of needs. A basic site that looks decent to sell one or two pdfs for example - I mean, young magicians are really just relying on word of mouth and don't have the money to advertise or create a full site, and they don't face the prospect of thousands of buyers either; in this latter case, a fully designed site would be recommended - but then again if you're selling thousands of something, you can afford it too. So for the right person, it's great, just depends really. Thanks for posting this hijackedmagic.

While we're on the subject of professional sites, JDEN you have an incredible amount of spelling mistakes on your site and in your "products" >.>

I think the point of Viviti is though that ok, it's never gonna look as professional as Theory11 or one of these sites designed by designers with close consultation with the client. But, for the right audience, a lot of people could appreciate this being suitable for their level of needs. A basic site that looks decent to sell one or two pdfs for example - I mean, young magicians are really just relying on word of mouth and don't have the money to advertise or create a full site, and they don't face the prospect of thousands of buyers either; in this latter case, a fully designed site would be recommended - but then again if you're selling thousands of something, you can afford it too. So for the right person, it's great, just depends really. Thanks for posting this hijackedmagic.
I know I have spelling mistakes on my site and PDFs. The site I have up now is old, I made it so I would have something up for now. Im working close with a Web Designer to make a new site. Also so far I have never charged for a PDF, so they dont have to perfect. I just made them to share my different ideas.

JDEN

Well, actually, a Viviti site can be as good as t11, seeing as you could have a designer design you a theme, then upload it to Viviti to use. Then, it would just make it easier to add content to the site.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results