How to deal yourself trips in Texas Hold 'Em (Vid)...

Mar 12, 2009
http://www.packthebowl.com/stuff/tripscheat.mov

It's best to just watch the video knowing that this could be happening in a poker game as one of the players is taking a second to chat about the last hand, and the dealer is shuffling the cards. Or, friendly conversation is going on. Whatever. Point is, there will never be heat or attention on the dealer, ever... unless you call it to yourself...

I don't speak in the video. All I'm doing is dealing out a game of hold 'em.

Say this is a game of 5 players (x variable) and you are the 5th position (y variable; you are the dealer).

Just let this remind you to be careful about who you play cards with. The most unsuspecting guy will be the most lucrative cheater.

edit:
someone here requested me do this again but this time with 9 players and with the 6th position being dealt the winning hand. they wanted to see if it was possible to set up a hand that looked like a number of players could win the pot (invoking action from the players). (in other words, multiple players thinking they have the best hand so lots of betting occurs.)

http://www.packthebowl.com/stuff/bargo.mov

9 players, 6th position get's the flush.

I don't remember which at this point, but I had one player get trip 7's and another player get 2 pair (Aces and Kings).

Player 6 rivers their flush; how surprising.

Result of hand = 6th position raking in lotsssss of money

Oh, and before someone kills me for it... I know, my pass needs work. (that's why I'm here)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Nice demonstration, but a few things need mentioning.

1. It would have nice and a better demonstration (for us) if you showed the trips to be fairly mixed throughout the deck prior to any of the shuffling. It would help cancel out the possibility of you having it set up prior to filming.

2. If you were really playing a serious game of poker, shuffling the deck face up would never fly with the other players, never..So what you demonstrated for us to be cautious about, in reality, we really don't have to worry about. Except of course watching out for the player that doesn't shuffle the cards face down like poker requires you to. (no offense)

All in the all though, you showed some nice skill of the over hand shuffle and could probably be used in a routine for laymen.

All the best,

-Dave-

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 12, 2009
Nice demonstration, but a few things need mentioning.

1. It would have nice and a better demonstration (for us) if you showed the trips to be fairly mixed throughout the deck prior to any of the shuffling. It would help cancel out the possibility of you having it set up prior to filming.

2. If you were really playing a serious game of poker, shuffling the deck face up would never fly with the other players, never..So what you demonstrated for us to be cautious about, in reality, we really don't. Except of course watching out for the player that doesn't shuffle the cards face down like poker requires you to. (no offense)

All in the all though, you showed some nice skill of the over hand shuffle and could probably be used in a routine for laymen.

All the best,

-Dave-

1) The deck was taken out of the box and genuinely shuffled. This is real cheating, man. Nothing was arranged prior.

2) I can tell you, from experience, that shuffling over-hand face up is NEVER a problem. I do it, as well as other players who are genuinely clueless about waht they are doing. This can also be taken care of in a number of ways. For example, stacking the deck in phases rather than all at once (as there are usually 2 decks in a game, one in play and one being shuffled (i mean arranged) by the next player), alternating between face-up stacks and face-down blind shuffles.

By the way, I set up the trips on the whim. I didn't plan on dealing out trip 3's. I noted the flop to include a 3, and then proceeded to stack pocket 3's to my position. Any hand, in any position, with any amount of players can be set up the same way.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I am sorry... but, people who take the time to learn how to stack shuffle a deck do so learning how to use a riffle stack, not an overhand shuffle. Also, if I ever saw anyone doing a single card overhand shuffle for that long, I'd punch them in the face immediately. Furthermore, you use false cuts at the end, but forget to mention that in a real poker game, the person to the right of the dealer cuts the deck, therefore requiring the dealer to use some sort of shift to return the stack to its order.

I see what you are trying to do, but you actually contradict yourself. If you claim that this level of stack shuffling works, you must be playing in extremely low limit games. Anyone who plays high limit poker, will absolutely know how to handle cards to a more advanced degree than what you are demonstrating, thus, if someone actualy got fooled by the stack shuffling you displayed, they are at most going to lose like 2 bucks: meaning, I could care less.

If you really want to post something useful, put in the time and learn how to stack shuffle, do a table top pass, and learn how to pre-arrage your stack while collecting from the cards displayed on the table from the previous hand.

This just didn't fly man.

Mar 12, 2009
I am sorry... but, people who take the time to learn how to stack shuffle a deck do so learning how to use a riffle stack, not an overhand shuffle. Also, if I ever saw anyone doing a single card overhand shuffle for that long, I'd punch them in the face immediately. Furthermore, you use false cuts at the end, but forget to mention that in a real poker game, the person to the right of the dealer cuts the deck, therefore requiring the dealer to use some sort of shift to return the stack to its order.

I see what you are trying to do, but you actually contradict yourself. If you claim that this level of stack shuffling works, you must be playing in extremely low limit games. Anyone who plays high limit poker, will absolutely know how to handle cards to a more advanced degree than what you are demonstrating, thus, if someone actualy got fooled by the stack shuffling you displayed, they are at most going to lose like 2 bucks: meaning, I could care less.

If you really want to post something useful, put in the time and learn how to stack shuffle, do a table top pass, and learn how to pre-arrage your stack while collecting from the cards displayed on the table from the previous hand.

This just didn't fly man.

It's called a molinari cull.

Anyways, what you see in the video is not what goes down in real life. The video is solely just a demonstration of the technique and the speed at which it can be done.

I described how it goes down in real life in an earlier post. Basically, you casually do a molinari cull while the hand is being played, following it with a blind overhand or riffle shuffle. it looks like you're genuinely mixing them up, again because you're alternating all the different which ways you're shuffling.

also, no attention is paid to the cards in my hand whatsoever. not even a glance. it's very casual. no one EVER calls attention to it, possibly because of the stealthy manner in which i use the molinari cull.

i will agree with most of you though. if you tried replicating this video in play, you'd get your teeth handed to you. i should have mentioned this in my original post.

Mar 12, 2009
someone here requested me do this again but this time with 9 players and with the 6th position being dealt the winning hand. they wanted to see if it was possible to set up a hand that looked like a number of players could win the pot (invoking action from the players). (in other words, multiple players thinking they have the best hand so lots of betting occurs.)

http://www.packthebowl.com/stuff/bargo.mov

9 players, 6th position get's the flush.

I don't remember which at this point, but I had one player get trip 7's and another player get 2 pair (Aces and Kings).

Player 6 rivers their flush; how surprising.

Result of hand = 6th position raking in lotsssss of money

Oh, and before someone kills me for it... I know, my pass needs work. (that's why I'm here)

Hmmm... I do gambling demonstrations and it does take you quite a while to actually get the cards in order, part of the reason is a simple one. You try to get the cards in order doing that overhand shuffle when you shouldn't, it makes it way to obvious that somethnig is wrong.

Pick up The Cheat by Richard Turner and I promise you that you won't be disappointed. It teaches how to properly get the cards in the correct order and how to stack decks, false shuffles, false cuts, pretty much everything.

However, it doesn't actually teach you step by step, just more like slow motion on the second and third look.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results