How to Force Jumbo Cards?

May 3, 2008
Hey guys. Do any of you have an idea of how to force a card from a jumbo sized deck? Normally I use the riffle force or a cull to force the cards, but they may be too big in this case. Thanks in advance.

Jun 1, 2009
I do Geoff Williams side riffle force, or Danny Garcia's bottom force from Symphony. They both work pretty well for me.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Even in our magic ring and watching numerous amateur magicians try to force jumbo cards....it looks a bit sloppy. I have yet to see someone in person do a very good force with jumbo cards other than the cross cut force.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
For me, using a riffle force is tough with Jumbo cards because the cut before the force looks out of place and it hard to get an effective a pinkie break.

A cross cut force works best for Jumbo cards. If you want to do a classic force, it can be done but you need to use a different handling for Jumbo cards (PM me if you want details).

Also check out Mark Wilson's Complete Course for the following forces that work with Jumbo Cards:

10 to 20 Force
Rollover Force
Count Force
Hindu Flash Force (perfect for forcing a different colored back card)
Perfect Card Force​

Also the Table Spread Force from Expert Card Technique (which is an amazing force when it works, but should only be used if you have a back-up effect) can be adapted for Jumbo cards.

All that being said, I typically use the Cross Cut Force, Perfect Card Force and Rollover Force with Jumbo Cards. I've also used a variation of the 10 to 20 Force where I don't touch the cards.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results