How to make a card pad

Ang

Sep 4, 2010
Hi guys

I just came up with an excellent idea, while I was making a suitcase for my props. I thought I'd put a card pad on the lid of the case, so during shows I won't have to borrow a table instead I'd just close my suitcase and then I could use it as a card pad. So do any of you guys know how to make a card pad?

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
Hi guys

I just came up with an excellent idea, while I was making a suitcase for my props. I thought I'd put a card pad on the lid of the case, so during shows I won't have to borrow a table instead I'd just close my suitcase and then I could use it as a card pad. So do any of you guys know how to make a card pad?

I just bought a case that comes with a close up pad on top of it.

Ang

Sep 4, 2010
Or you could save yourself the time and wasted effort, and just perform effects that don't require table space.

as dai vernon said you will need to do linking rings, cups and balls, cards, and coins to become a good magician. So it isn't wasted time.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
as dai vernon said you will need to do linking rings, cups and balls, cards, and coins to become a good magician. So it isn't wasted time.

He never said, and if you believe that you have to learn all of that to become a "good magician", then you are pretty much over exerting yourself. Also Vernon has been dead since 1991, so his "views" on a lot of subjects are pretty much incredibly out of date and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Sep 1, 2007
Or you could save yourself the time and wasted effort, and just perform effects that don't require table space.

Woah, doing an effect that requires any table space is wasted effort. That's a new one

Randy said:
Also Vernon has been dead since 1991, so his "views" on a lot of subjects are pretty much incredibly out of date and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Sure I think he has things that I might consider out of date now, but I don't think I would consider a lot of his views to be out dated. Maybe a slim minority of his opinions

Oct 20, 2008
Austin, TX area
Alright: The pad. Try storing it in your case. Drop the pad on top of the case when you're ready to use it. That should help it stay cleaner. The bottoms of the pads tend to have non-stick surfaces. It's worth trying, at least.

If you absolutely must stick fabric to anything then I suggest Fabri-Tack. Fabric stores or even the fabric/sewing/craft section of a big chain store tend to sell this wonderful goo.

Houdini, billed as the King of Cards, died almost 85 years ago. There's still no sin in learning "old" card magic. I doubt there's any sin in learning any other old acts.

If you are talking about a close up mat for cards then there is a simple solution. What I did was I got a tool case from home depot and bout a close up mat from amazon.com and I put some Velcro on the case and the mat so I could remove it, and it works great!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results