How to prevent the card box falling apart?

Feb 1, 2017
The flaps on the top of the card box seem to fall apart after some time. Is there any way to prevent this from happening

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
The flaps on the top of the card box seem to fall apart after some time. Is there any way to prevent this from happening

It's not really prevention but I know a lot of guys that will just tear them off as soon as they get them. As far as the rest of the box I love my Porper card clip. This helps save the box as much as it does the deck in side. I'm not sure that it would really help with the tabs though.

Reactions: DominusDolorum

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016
Me personally, I just fold the tabs in. Makes it easier getting the cards in and out. Never owned a card clip...maybe one day lol

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Switch decks before the tabs fall off :D

More seriously, though, there's not much you can do. It's paper, it gets worn out.

Reactions: ProAma

JPS

Dec 21, 2016
Paper gets worn out, my advice:
As your flaps fall apart, cut some clear tape to fit over the tabs
Use a card clip *Generally a good idea, i like ellusionists metal ones because for whatever reason they are fabulous conversation starters*

Thats about it, tape and card clips. It also helps to not keep the deck in your pants pockets or anywhere where there is alot of constant rubbing/banging on the deck

theSunnyG

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2012
Deck Stays! They do do the job, but mostly like jakepetrakos said, it more of a conversation piece and looks pretty damn cool. I like using a porper clip though, I think porper clip and deck stay would probably make it last longest.

Below is a cool video of the deck stays that kinda show it off!

Jul 5, 2016
Texas
Deck Stays! They do do the job, but mostly like jakepetrakos said, it more of a conversation piece and looks pretty damn cool. I like using a porper clip though, I think porper clip and deck stay would probably make it last longest.

Below is a cool video of the deck stays that kinda show it off!

How much are the stays, do you know?

theSunnyG

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2012
How much are the stays, do you know?

I think it's like 5 bucks on Art of Play or Dan and Dave? To be honest I'm surprised T11 haven't collabed with D&D and got some. T11, much love as always, but you guys need to step up your accessories game!

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Deck Stays are a great way to go, they sell for about $5 by Dan and Dave

You can also use a Card Clip. You can get fairly cheap ones on ebay for around $10, and some for $15 - $20 by a lot of major magic companies Ellusionist Card clips go for about $16, and they are great. I found a new Joe Porper Card Clip on Ebay for $10. I'm fairly certain its not fake, but even if it is, it gets the job done.

Best thing to do though, is to try and leave the cellophane on your deck. If you can take the little strand off correctly, and take the top part off, the cellophane stays on. Cellophane does wonders to protect the case from everyday wear and tear. Also, I dare you to try and rip a regular sized piece of it without biting it or starting from a cut area (or cutting it). It's virtually impossible.

Reactions: Elok
Feb 20, 2017
There is very little you can do. You could always try to be more careful with the box, don't drop it into your tea or into a vat of burning oil.

Feb 17, 2017
I just give my card box a light spray with Krylon Matte Finish 1311. It helps protect the box from rips. Hope that helps.

Feb 22, 2017
Hey, I have had the same problem and I found that the best way to save your deck from tearing is just to put tape on it. Now, I know that this is not really what you would want to do, but if you don't have a card clip that fits your deck to protect it, then that is the best I can offer. I have the same problem with my Madison Dealers box, and Because I live in a very humid temperature, The cards warp and stop fitting the box after time, so the box rips after a while of trying to put warped cards in a box that is too small, so I just put clear tape over the rips, it's barely visible.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Hey, I have had the same problem and I found that the best way to save your deck from tearing is just to put tape on it. Now, I know that this is not really what you would want to do, but if you don't have a card clip that fits your deck to protect it, then that is the best I can offer. I have the same problem with my Madison Dealers box, and Because I live in a very humid temperature, The cards warp and stop fitting the box after time, so the box rips after a while of trying to put warped cards in a box that is too small, so I just put clear tape over the rips, it's barely visible.
Celophane would get the job done the same way, except the box wouldn't rip initially if you leave it on the box.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results