Hustling

Nov 7, 2009
I consider hustling as a somehow connected form of magic just like cardisty and juggling. After watching some episodes of the Real Hustle and Scam school I thought id ty this out so my plan is to go out alone and try some hustles of course to give the money back straight after and to explain what I did :) (Yes I like Real Hustle...)

Anyway so far I thought id try out 'The Flu' but do it for a birthday instead of Christmas... and some shortchanging scams.

So I was woundering if any T11'ers know any good simple hustles/scams I could do alone...?

Oh and if you dont belive I will give the money back then understood, Do not help me if you dont belive me, Thanks :)

Nov 7, 2009
Paris, France
The 3 card monte is a classic one. But I would advise against doing it. I'm sure people would go mad at you, and some may even recognize the scam and call the police before you can tell them it's for "educationnal purpose". Good luck though ;)

Nov 7, 2009
The 3 card monte is a classic one. But I would advise against doing it. I'm sure people would go mad at you, and some may even recognize the scam and call the police before you can tell them it's for "educationnal purpose". Good luck though ;)

Thanks I was considering using this before but I thought abut the risk and decided even if I was going to give the money back I could still get done... Thanks anyway :)

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I think this is a quick way to get your ass beat.
3 shell game and 3 card monte are illegal in some places.
If your caught doing it, there's not gonna be any explanation that your giving the money back or not. You're getting arrested.

Also, a lot of people could get angry with you after revealing that you were cheating. Regardless if you give the money back or not, they'll get pissed to know that they never had a chance to win.
-and you don't know how people are. Especially with gambling, you're asking for danger.

I'm against this, but if you feel you could do it safely, then go for it.
To me, it's pointless.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
For entertainment purposes it's OK, but if you're doing it on the streets and then pulling the whole "But I gave their money back." thing. You're still going to your ass in big trouble. Specially due to the fact tin some areas you need a permit to perform anything on the street.

Nov 7, 2009
I am aware of the consicinces... Im not even 100% sure im going to do this yet, EVERYONE will be refunded and I may even ask for permission from the police to do this.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Alfie, I understand it could be entertaining and amusing but please make sure you have permission first and I would definitely choose your spectators wisely.

I've seen things like this that the entertainer "thought" would go over well and everyone else sided with the spectator and felt bad and there was absolutely no laughing occurring.

If you make it look like a demonstration of how you lost your own money in a bet....then it is ok.

Be careful bro. No black eyes....I hope.

Sep 3, 2007
I am aware of the consicinces... Im not even 100% sure im going to do this yet, EVERYONE will be refunded and I may even ask for permission from the police to do this.

What city are you in? Some cities are different in the way they allow performance on the street. Given the show, unless you do it very well, and they know that their money will come back you are risking it. If you take the guy's dollar and he's pissed and you give it back to him what's the point?

Jul 13, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
Well with magic everyone have fun, with hustling ... well

I wouldn't advice any1 to use their skill to hustle people, they think its a fair game when it isn't ... You can hustle them, and return their money at the end, just don't lose track of how much each person bet

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Lots of people will walk away from a con without knowing what happened. Some will get angry just for losing. Harry Anderson used to do a three-shell game for real, and it ended with his jaw broken.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Another thing is that with Con games you REALLY have to be good at what you do. You can't use misdirection or anything else because people are ALWAYS going to be burning your hands like the fiery pits of hell.

Like I mentioned before, even you do give them their money back. You will still end up in trouble with the law because you were performing without a permit and because the cops in that area will still see you as a con artist.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results