Hypnosis

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
Hey guys. Lately I've had an interest in hypnotism. I have done absolutely nothing dealing with hypnosis before now. I was wondering, what are some good resources on starting hypnotism and anything relating to it?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Start off with Anthony Jaquins Reality is Plastic.

Then go with something from Nongard that is best for your type of hypnosis.

Follow it up with Manchurian Approach by Anthony Jaquin also.

Now your age has a big factor on whether or not hypnosis will work, mainly being the seriousness level. You won't be doing street hypnosis really if you are under the age of 16. Not saying it's impossible but you have to find people who will listen and take it serious, otherwise it just won't work.

It also takes a huge amount of confidence to go out there and make hypnosis work.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
I dont know if those are the best to start with though. My recommendation would be to shoot a pm to OwnerM. You know, since he makes his living at it I'm sure he'll have some solid advice for you to start out with.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Tally,
Just make sure you know what you are doing before you take a show because there can be some legality issues if something goes wrong. You need to know what to do if a situation goes bad or someone gets hurt. I've seen it happen before. Especially if you aren't doing the rapid hypnosis correctly.

Have fun and good luck. I have two buddies that do it and they make way more money doing hypnotism shows than magic. Almost $800 -$1200 per one hour show.

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
Tally,
Just make sure you know what you are doing before you take a show because there can be some legality issues if something goes wrong. You need to know what to do if a situation goes bad or someone gets hurt. I've seen it happen before. Especially if you aren't doing the rapid hypnosis correctly.

Thanks, That is more along the lines of what I'm interested in learning about before I start learning / performing hypnotism.
I dont know if those are the best to start with though. My recommendation would be to shoot a pm to OwnerM. You know, since he makes his living at it I'm sure he'll have some solid advice for you to start out with.

Ok, thanks. I almost forgot that he did that.

Also, it seems that thee recommendations are marketed for an almost "street" performance. How well does this play for an audience. I was considering the encyclopedia of stage hypnosis. Any thoughts on it?

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Is this for the stage or for general strolling stuff. If it's for the stage, then you need to be certified and should just spend the money and go take classes on the subject. If it's something you'll be adding to your magic/mentalisim. Then I think you should be fine with learning from a few books.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results