I cant make up my mind!

Dec 18, 2009
I can't decide whether or not to get 1 of the following 3 things.
Scarne on Card Tricks
Royal Road to Card Magic
Expert Card Technique

The reason I cant decide is because royal road teaches a TON of things but I'm afraid it might be ultra super mega ultra uber newb. Expert Card Technique I've heard that many of the tricks simply arent very good but it teaches many key sleights like palming and bottom/second dealing. And Scarne...well actually I cant actually think of anything negative about this book...It teaches 155 tricks and NONE of them use sleight of hand...so tons of self working tricks sounds pretty cool. And Scarne is like one of my favorite magicians. So...yeah. Thanks!

Apr 1, 2009
California
buy them all? You should get them all at some point... the last two I found on amazon when I got them, for like... less than 10 dollars together.

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
What wrong if Royal Road to Card Magic is super easy?

The book has tons of tricks and very practical and gets wonderful reactions. Many tricks I perform are form that one book. Its a steal for 10 dollars. Not to be offencing, but tricks form RRCM will probably get more reactions than tricks for D&D, well it depends on presantion too.

But whatever you want, but AsherF is right why not get all three or just get two.

Jul 14, 2008
I have Royal Road to Card magic and Expert Card Techniques. Both have been great to me and I enjoyed learning and yet I am still learning.

Dec 18, 2009
Thanks guys. And yes, eventually I will get all of them. As for how long I've been into magic I started about half a year ago. I didn't start getting serious till about 3-4 months ago though. Thanks.

Sep 6, 2009
Cincinnati
EXPERT F*CKING CARD TECHNIQUE! This book rocks.

I have "Scarne on Cards", it's different than the card tricks one. Scarne was a badass cheat, and a very good one! If you want to get into cheating at cards (like actually doing it for money) this book is great because it teaches lots of basic concepts like mucking, ect.

Dec 18, 2009
EXPERT F*CKING CARD TECHNIQUE! This book rocks.

I have "Scarne on Cards", it's different than the card tricks one. Scarne was a badass cheat, and a very good one! If you want to get into cheating at cards (like actually doing it for money) this book is great because it teaches lots of basic concepts like mucking, ect.

Cool I was going to get that one as well if I got the tricks one. It's against my morals to cheat unknowing gamblers...I do gambling demonstartions though. Thanks for your input.

Thanks guys. And yes, eventually I will get all of them. As for how long I've been into magic I started about half a year ago. I didn't start getting serious till about 3-4 months ago though. Thanks.

If you've only been doing magic that long then there is NO WAY you everything in RRTCM will be too 'newb' (what a dumb word...) to you! I've been doing magic since I was eight years old, I'm twenty-five now and still use tricks i learnt in RRTCM!!

People need to realise that just cos they've been into magic for a while, doesn't mean the basic stuff is 'below them' as magicians. There is a reason RRTCM is considered a classic. Most pro's out there probably wouldn't have got very far with out it.

so get RRTCM.

Peace

Rev

buy them all? You should get them all at some point... the last two I found on amazon when I got them, for like... less than 10 dollars together.

Oh yeah, and listen to this guy, he speaks the truth! RRTCM and ECT can both be bought together for less than any of the one trick DVD's available here on T11 so you may as well get them all!! that's a lot of material to keep you busy!

Rev

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results