I dont mean to be bothersome here but I have been thinking...

Sep 1, 2007
That Wayne Houchin, a great performer, but is he an over rated creator of magic? I mean, look at Daniel Garcia, the idea's of a bill' seal being moved....AMAZINGLY new and something never THOUGHT of! Also, stuff like Paul Harris's Ladybug, Interlace.....etc...are all new AMAZING revolutionary ideas....

but wayne's stuff is just....well...not new.

Indecent was first published in some old book by Lorayne...or miller or one of those guys, so nothing new there...

Stigmata, even though he thought of it himself, was nothing new. Banachek had thought it up, so nothing AMAZINGLY innovative came put of that.

And now, Distortion, just another Cyril's moving pips, or simply another one like "New era moving pips."

Control-pulse stop, nothing new, even though this method is supposed to be new, and better. But again, a REPEAT idea.

The idea of a soda can combusting has been done before, ive seen it on youtube. nothing new.

So......just a thought, but I think wayne is a great performer, and a really nice guy.....but have we really thought about that if some kid just thought up a trick already on the market...people wouldn't think of him as creative?

just a thought,

Nigel

Aug 31, 2007
Greenville, SC
Wayne is well to say the least...AMAZING. He is very gifted in the way he teaches his effects. Ok come on seriously...would you have rathered learned indecent from a book, and then go out have a hard time mastering it and performing is because well simply...it came from a book. Or would you rather recieve the confidence you need to truly master the effect from an absolute amazing teacher. I do see your point though, but still Wayne is truly a very gifted artist.

Good question though. Thanks

Sep 1, 2007
when W.H reads this he is going to get mad and correct you with his magician lingo XD

Sep 1, 2007
Hong Kong
for the record, no Sinful is not related to any sort of soda combustion principles......it's another clever idea in play, which hasn't been thought of before.

But for the rest, I guess you have your point, but we will see how Wayne deals with it.

For the time being (and the rest of the people), why don't you guys read over the topic post again and avoid missing out points before posting....that is quite a disrespect to the topic host........

for the record, no Sinful is not related to any sort of soda combustion principles......it's another clever idea in play, which hasn't been thought of before.

But for the rest, I guess you have your point, but we will see how Wayne deals with it.

For the time being (and the rest of the people), why don't you guys read over the topic post again and avoid missing out points before posting....that is quite a disrespect to the topic host........

oh wow, I can't believe I missed that, gah I feel foolish :eek:
I apologize for that, but my first post still stands, I think he's a great magician both for his teaching style, effects and just the way his style is, I like it....

Sep 1, 2007
Chances are if you made an effect, its already been thought of. What Wayne did with Stigmata is amazing. I don't care who thought of it first. He brought a lot of new things to the table with the effect. He showed you 2 new ways to do it. That really gave a lot more life to the effect. Thats my take on it.

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
stigmata is not wayne's it is very old, but Banachek credits wayne as the person who brought the efffect to his attention. Dont no what the soda combustion means. hes been over its not cyrils, its ammars. Why did you create this topic just to bash Wayne.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I don't know Wayne personally but I wish one day I get the chance. Why? Simple. If you look at his effects, methods and presentation. Wayne not only provides great effects, improved effect, but his own unique creations and then teaches you how to become the best magician you can be while performing these amazing effects.

This is the perfect mix of a magician.

I am thankful for Magicians like Wayne and their willingness to help others become better.

What I am waiting for is the Fireball by Wayne Houchin. Don't know if he is actually working on it, but his last name is destined to this effect.

Ho - U - Chin

I am sure he will call it the Ryu Fireball.

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
hey man why did u do this thread? are you jealous because you cant be like wayne? those effects are amazing and they fooled you, maybe he just did a variation on the effect but he teaches it VERY NICE you cant deny it.. I wont deny that Daniel Garcia is a genius too, he has some great ideas, but this doesnt mean that wayne sucks.. wayne houchin is the future man.. why didnt you say that sinful wasnt original? because its ORIGINAL, you just say the things that supports you.. so If u are posting another thing like this, just dont.. I wanna see W:H response to this thread

cheers.

aris

Sep 1, 2007
I wanna see W:H response to this thread

One time I saw Wayne when he was in NY shooting something for E, I saw him gliding across the side walk, No like really he was floating and moving. He scares me.

P.S I'm really really tired.

Sep 2, 2007
Wayne is well to say the least...AMAZING. He is very gifted in the way he teaches his effects. Ok come on seriously...would you have rathered learned indecent from a book, and then go out have a hard time mastering it and performing is because well simply...it came from a book. Or would you rather recieve the confidence you need to truly master the effect from an absolute amazing teacher. I do see your point though, but still Wayne is truly a very gifted artist.

Good question though. Thanks

Books are not inferior modes of teaching. I've learned many effects from books just as well as effects I've learned from dvds. Couple that with the fact that you generally get more effects in a book, and books are actually a much more cost-effective way of learning good magic. I'm sure Wayne could have published Indecent in book form and it still would have been a joy to learn and perform.

Anyway. . . I learned the principle for Stigmata when I was in elementary school and subsequently engineered said principle into something very similar to Stigmata, complete with wrist squeeze. . . all about a decade before the effect was released. Some things just come to you.

Sep 2, 2007
Why are you complaining?

Why are you here?

Whats your point?

Who cares?

Do you think hes not creative?

Wayne Houchin is better than you.

Wayne Houchin is the CREATIVE director of theory11.

Wayne Houchin created more than you.

Don't insult ANYONE better than you.
Thats like some noob insulting Cardini.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chances are if you made an effect, its already been thought of. What Wayne did with Stigmata is amazing. I don't care who thought of it first. He brought a lot of new things to the table with the effect. He showed you 2 new ways to do it. That really gave a lot more life to the effect. Thats my take on it.

I agree totally with what you say. But, riddle me this, would we know of a Stigmata counter-part or anything else right now if Wayne hadn't made a DVD of it?

-RA69

Sep 2, 2007
Why are you complaining?

Why are you here?

Whats your point?

Who cares?

Do you think hes not creative?

Wayne Houchin is better than you.

Wayne Houchin made theory11.

Wayne Houchin created more than you.

Don't insult ANYONE better than you.

Thats like some noob insulting Cardini.

Wow, I thought this was supposed to be a family-like community. He wants to express his opinion that's his right. He only stated that W.H. has been influenced by previous magic and magicians, as we all have. There is just so much magic that can be new. As a result, most of magic is prior ideas that are altered and integrated with new revolutionary ideas. I'm sure W.H., and all magicians alike, try to give any credit when it is due; sometimes a few people are left out. There is no need for hate.

Cheers,
JTM

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results