I got the 4 aces, now what do I do with them?

Sep 1, 2007
I'm dead in the water when it comes to 4 ace tricks. One of the tricks I do produces the 4 aces, but then I have nothing to really do with them after that. If anyone can make some suggestions that would be awesome!

So I need some effects to do after I already have the aces, also the effects can not be gimmicked.

Sep 4, 2007
I'm dead in the water when it comes to 4 ace tricks. One of the tricks I do produces the 4 aces, but then I have nothing to really do with them after that. If anyone can make some suggestions that would be awesome!

So I need some effects to do after I already have the aces, also the effects can not be gimmicked.

Twisting the aces-marlo.....daley's finale....daley.........assembly....

CM

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
There are a few fairly clever 4 aces tricks in Ninja 1. I use a couple of them whenever I perform a routine its a good opener

Sep 1, 2007
You could produce the 4 aces, then follow it up by producing the 4 jacks or something so that you could go into a Reset routine.

Sep 1, 2007
You don't actually HAVE to do anything with them...

If, like me, you're not the biggest fan of TTA, Daley's Aces or Ace assemblies, then the options are pretty limited. Invisible Palm is another favourite...I also recommend "Palm Reader" from John G's Brainstorm set, very nice little effect...

Personally, when I produce the aces I either go into the Lorayne Poker Deal or more typically I get rid of them and go into Jazz Fusion, which reproduces the aces at the end for a complete blind-side finish.

Sep 1, 2007
USA
i usually do "the queens" except with the aces after i produce the four aces... but i guess that just produces them again, then i guess you could just do a four for four change and say something like "oops i guess i used the aces too much and they don't like me anymore"... yeah thats a little cheesy but just a suggestion

Sep 2, 2007
You could produce the 4 aces, then follow it up by producing the 4 jacks or something so that you could go into a Reset routine.

You could perform Mercury, whereby the 4 aces, one by one turn over, until all four backs of the Aces turn into the four kings (which leads great in Panic), and the four aces reappear in the deck, facing up.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 1, 2007
I think the Asher Twist would work great. You could to the Asher Twist, do the 4for4 switch, and go into WideSpread Panic. Wow, that sounds good, I'm gonna go practice that right now! lol. But seriously, Asher twist would be a great trick to do if you produce the aces. Also, if you want, you can simply go from producing the aces, to losing two of them in the deck and then do waving the aces. It would be nice and simple and it shows the audience that you can produce four, even though you only needed two.

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney Australia
Travellers, Slow-Motion Aces or any of the twisiting effects be it a Vernon, Asher...
The hardest thing for me is routineing my aces effects and making up a good enough story to follow.

Gregory Wilson's Weighted Aces. A really quick 2-phase transpo effect that hits surprisingly hard and it stupidly easy to do. It's the kind of effect you can perform anywhere you go (I know I do - all you need are the 4 aces). And lay audiences love it.

Gregory Wilson's Weighted Aces. A really quick 2-phase transpo effect that hits surprisingly hard and it stupidly easy to do. It's the kind of effect you can perform anywhere you go (I know I do - all you need are the 4 aces). And lay audiences love it.

I do that all the time, its great, again its really easy, but simple does hit hard. I just do David Stone's Ghost (On Real Secrets of Magic Vol.1) and get left with the four Aces, and then go into Weighted Aces. I love the last Transpo.

Cheers, Tom

If you don't want to do "another four ace trick" you could use them as the cover cards for a matrix. Otherwise I agree with the previously made suggestions of The Asher Twist or Twisting the Aces. I would not do more than two "four ace" routines in a row. They may start to blur together in the audience's mind and lessen the overall perception of the effects.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results