I kinda want to learn to cull cards...

Discussion in 'Magic Forum' started by greenstickman, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Hey ya'll, I kinda want to learn how to cull cards, but I got no idea about where I should start. Where do you all think I should start? Any help is appreciated.

2. When it comes to learning the cull, there is no better resource than Kostya Kimlat's DVD "The Roadrunner Cull."

The DVD is a little pricey, but it is worth it's weight in gold - you will learn an excellent cull, learn some tricks, listen to his advice, and watch Kostya perform to all these people. It's awesome. I would have gladly paid double or triple the price for the DVD.

Good luck.

-Sanj

3. My dad has worked with Kostya for the past year or so, and he's a great guy. I highly recommend his Roadrunner Cull as well. Not only does he teach you how to cull cards completely invisibly, he teaches some EXCELLENT tricks. You should definitely get it.

4. Roadrunner Cull FTW. There is also a download on vanishing inc called Cullology or something with some neat effects using the cull. I'm not sure if he teaches the cull or not, but most likely an overview would be given. If you want to learn in depth though, go roadrunner cull. I don't have it, but I've seen clips and it looks amazing, plus I have other stuff from Kosta and his teaching is amazing.

Jacob

5. one more quick question suppose i figured out how to cull... what would you recommend as the best way of practicing ex: like culling only a couple cards at a time and working your way up.

6. i second harapans cullology on vanishing inc. some great beginner advice in it.

7. Cull one card at a time - then work up to four of a kinds, and then whatever you need.

An alternative to the (very good) Kostya Kimlat DVD is Iain Moran's Cullfather.

8. Okay, cool thanks for all the help everyone I really appreciate it. I'll make sure to look into all those dvds as well.

9. I'll second Cullfather by Ian Moran. You will LOVE the MC spread DL. Devistating move. A forced card doubled from the center of the pack.