I Love Magic

I still remember the day when I got my first magic trick, a hot rod that I practiced with for weeks upon weeks. Those were the first days of my magic. This summer will be the beginning of my 7th year performing magic, and I just only today realized how much I truly love magic. I think nowadays people magicians and laymen alike are taking magic for granted. Every day I see the immense amount of exposure racked up on the internet, to be honest this doesn't anger me, it just makes me sad at how much work was put into these effects to have them just thrown away on the internet.

It was in 2000 that my mother took me to a David Copperfield show, and how amazed and wide-eyed I was as I watched a car appear on stage, and him walk down stairs while cut in half. And as I looked around me, I saw the same expressions that overwhelmed myself. The people around me were completely stuck by amazement that it made me think to myself "I want to do that", I want to amaze people. That show made me into the magician I am today.

I don't do magic for myself, I don't do it to please myself, I do it to entertain others, and to amaze others. I do it to give people a sense of joy in their hectic schedules. I want to take my spectator's minds off of their busy days. I want them to feel what I felt when I watched David Copperfield's magic. I love how magic can open up another reality for a human being, how it can transform them from a stressed out businessman/woman to a speechless, awe struck spectator.

I love how magic builds up creativity in me, and that it makes me feel like a 6 year old again. It takes me back to the days where everything amazed me. It drags me away from my true life where I'm busy worrying about teenage problems, girls, and trying to impress my friends. Magic sucks me into a world where I can act weird, make believe, and use my imagination. It is my escape from my true reality.

I love how magic channels all of my energy into the art. It keeps me away from trouble, when I am close to doing something quite (lack of a better term) bad, I think about the consequences, and every time I think about these consequences, one of them is always "I will never do magic again, I will never be able to help and amaze people ever again". And that steers me away from the action that I was about to complete.

After graduating high school, I am moving onto another stage of my life, everything is changing, but whatever I choose to do, I'm taking magic with me. Yes I'm taking it to college, yes I'm taking it to my careers, yes I'm taking it with my family. Magic is and always will be a part of me. Because I don't take magic for granted, I don't use it as a tool, I love magic, I respect magic.

Magic is my life, I love it.

Mitchell

Aug 31, 2007
MI, US
I don't do magic for myself, I don't do it to please myself, I do it to entertain others, and to amaze others. I do it to give people a sense of joy in their hectic schedules. I want to take my spectator's minds off of their busy days. I want them to feel what I felt when I watched David Copperfield's magic. I love how magic can open up another reality for a human being, how it can transform them from a stressed out businessman/woman to a speechless, awe struck spectator.

I love how magic builds up creativity in me, and that it makes me feel like a 6 year old again. It takes me back to the days where everything amazed me. It drags me away from my true life where I'm busy worrying about teenage problems, girls, and trying to impress my friends. Magic sucks me into a world where I can act weird, make believe, and use my imagination. It is my escape from my true reality.

I love how magic channels all of my energy into the art. It keeps me away from trouble, when I am close to doing something quite (lack of a better term) bad, I think about the consequences, and every time I think about these consequences, one of them is always "I will never do magic again, I will never be able to help and amaze people ever again". And that steers me away from the action that I was about to complete.

After graduating high school, I am moving onto another stage of my life, everything is changing, but whatever I choose to do, I'm taking magic with me. Yes I'm taking it to college, yes I'm taking it to my careers, yes I'm taking it with my family. Magic is and always will be a part of me. Because I don't take magic for granted, I don't use it as a tool, I love magic, I respect magic.

Magic is my life, I love it.

Mitchell

Amen to that! :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results