I must be stupid.

Sep 1, 2007
I'm trying to do a trick, and when I do this trick I have to memorize 2 cards. The problem is I cant seem to do it that much. Some times I get it right, some times I get it wrong. The problem is the 2 cards are never the same, And I have to remember them wile I'm talking, and this goes on for a little wile. Now I'm having trouble doing this now, with no one there. And when I perform this to real people, I am worried I will have even more of a problem because I will have to manage everything, tell them what to do, remember the cards, and remember what I have to say.

So I guess I'm asking for some tips on how to remember things better, because I can only see these cards for like 1 second. Its such a stupid problem to have, I know, but any help at all would be great.

S

sidrohc

Try this..

Try to be as relaxed as possible and get a good patter memorized so you know it perfectly and don't have to think as much. That's all the advice I have for now... Good Luck!:D

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
Yeah, definitely have a pre-planned patter that you can use. Just sit down with a pin and pad and imagine yourself going through the routine. Just figure out what you want to say, write it down, and practice saying that until you can do it without thinking... Then all you've got left to do is lock those cards into memory, continue your patter, and off you go.

Hope that helps,

-Matt

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Practice, practice, practice.

While you are practicing your effect by yourself you are definatly going to want to start your patter as you would in front of a spectator. Try and truly visualize someone right there in front of you while you practice.

Also, as Wayne Houchin said...don't always practice in front of a mirror. Try practicing in front of a wall or something, because it's way different when you look ahead and don't see yourself anymore.

Good luck and keep at it!

Shane K.

You could also look into mnemonics to remember multiple things. I don't think you would need it for only 2 cards but when having to remember many things it helps. I would just say them over and over in your head through the trick.

Sep 1, 2007
Ok thanks for all your help guys. I have my patter written out, thats the first thing I did, its just over whelming because its one of the first tricks where there is A LOT going on. Again thanks for your help.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results