I need a new ACR ending? Please advise

Apr 15, 2009
Hey guys,

Ok this is my first post.

I have been out of magic now for a couple of years ( life pressures and all that rubbish) , but i want to get back going again because ive really missed it. Problem is, it seems i am out of the loop and ive been left behind (didnt even know theory11 existed!!), and my old ACR is a tired one ( still the old pop up ending).

Can anyone advise me of a new ending i could learn? Or even a whole new routine?

Thanks in advance for any help

Matt

Apr 15, 2009
Oh i love the pop up move dont get me wrong. I just feel like its time to refresh the routine, as i did it the same way for years. It feels tired if that makes sense..... back when i first learned this it seemed that this was the way everyone was doing it. Now, i see all these other crazy routines with kicker endings, and i don't know whats good/practical, and whats not.

Thanks for replies guys.

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
I have been playing around with my ACR lately.

Before it was a 6 phase giant, involving
-Marlo tilt
-Pop up move
-Card to move
-Shiego Futugawa Elevator
-Deck Vanish and 4 of a kind revelation.

However I recently realized that it is best to end on a strong point, and I found that my ACR died after the card to mouth. So IMO some good endings are

-Pop Up move
-Card to mouth
-Maybe a deck disappearance
-Some Jay Sankey stuff (I am really fond of his Paperclipped)

Mar 24, 2009
I like a thing when you do a double lift, and say the card is not on top, then flip the deck up side down, say it not on the bottom and while saying that do a diagonal palm and then flip the deck back again and say but as you can see it is on the to again...

Wouldn't recommend RIOT because you need to put the gimmick there somehow and after its done you can't just give the deck out for examination.

Shifty- Card rising is also a good move to do it, as could patter about teaching them the ACR lol...

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
Card to wallet can be a good ending, and just give them the signed card to keep.

As for the pop-up move, I prefer to use it in the middle of an ACR routine.

... or maybe one like what Jay Sankey uses, a nailed deck ending.

Jan 28, 2009
Belgium, Antwerp
TnR

I end by ripping the card and putting it in my poket, then I ask my spectator to select an other card wish ends up to by there signed card.

(my routine doesn't stay with the card just comming to the top)

Mar 12, 2009
The pop up move is the best visual ending for an ACR.
No need to replace something already perfect.
What a useless answer, seriously. Just because something is good/perfect, it doesn't mean that it can't be done better.
And also, did you read his posts at all? If you did you would know that he just wants to hear about some alternate endings, because he wants to "refresh" his routine.
As told, my favourite ending is TSCTW, I suggest you try it. It must be very boring for you, if you just have ONE ending, which is "the perfect visual ending", and you never try something else, just because it's already good. Doing the same routine over and over again gets boring, try some variety, it's much more fun.

Hey guys,

Ok this is my first post.

I have been out of magic now for a couple of years ( life pressures and all that rubbish) , but i want to get back going again because ive really missed it. Problem is, it seems i am out of the loop and ive been left behind (didnt even know theory11 existed!!), and my old ACR is a tired one ( still the old pop up ending).

Can anyone advise me of a new ending i could learn? Or even a whole new routine?

Thanks in advance for any help

Matt
i've got a new effect in which i created called Present's Past, i would be happy to share it with you...its a great ACR effect...trust me...

May 31, 2008
Look at a gimmick called "Humbug by Angelo Carbone" It's like Riot, but a little better. Plus, there are tons of other things you can do with it.

Apr 15, 2009
Guys you are all legends, thanks so much. I couldnt have dreamed up so many replies. I will look through everything that youve suggested.

just as a quick thing though, i do have an omni deck, but ive been put off using it because it only looks like about half a deck of cards. Anyone know why this is?? Is it just mine, or are they all like this?

And as for the card in sealed packet. THAT looks awesome. Where can i learn that from??!!

Thanks again,

Matt

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results