I need a Wingman

I don't know how many of you have seen the Beginner Video on T11.

It has some really great tips from the Pro's and they pointed something out that really got me thinking.

Dan and Dave Buck mentioned that one of the advantages they had when learning magic was each other. A running buddy or wingman.

The T11 staff suggested that this would be a great benefit to all of us.

I know the chances are slim, but I am looking for a Wingman. So here is the question.

How do I go about doing this?

Does anyone live in Dallas, TX?

I am also 35 and would like to find someone in my age range. Nothing wrong with the younger generation, but I would relate more with someone a little older.

I have some great friends but none of them are interested in Magic. You must have a passion for it in order to take it seriously.

So what do I do?

Can a long distant Wingman work?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Aug 31, 2007
I am 30, and believe it or not My Wife and I are considering a move to the Dallas area. Not saying that this will be a determining factor but it is interesting to see this post.

Sep 1, 2007
Cleveland, OH. I need a wingman too, especially for when I'm hustling my Three Card Monte, but magic's somewhere in there too. Do you know how hard it is to work a 3CM game alone?!

Aug 31, 2007
Atlanta, GA
They are refering to how in the video on the beginners page, Dan and Dave talk about how they had each other to bounce ideas off of and perform for. So a wingman would be a person or friend who is interested in magic that you can practice with and get honest feedback from. I think its a great idea, unfortunately I don't know any people around me that do magic.

Clark

Sep 1, 2007
Germany
hey guy i need something mor special, the thing i need is a GERMAN WINGMAN. it´s hard to find young magicians in Germany so ...holla back

Sep 1, 2007
austria
@FTNrecords
hey, i am in an even worse position, i'd need an austrian wingman (you know, the small country right under yours that frequently gets confused with australia and isn't known by anyone outside europe), i mean you need to find a wingman among 80million, i need to find one among only 8million! anyway good luck to you all!

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island
Im glad i have a chicken wing, i mean wingman. Sometimes if you do magic to people your own age, they might get interested and start too. For instance, thats what happened to me.

Sep 1, 2007
Germany
@FTNrecords
hey, i am in an even worse position, i'd need an austrian wingman (you know, the small country right under yours that frequently gets confused with australia and isn't known by anyone outside europe), i mean you need to find a wingman among 80million, i need to find one among only 8million! anyway good luck to you all!

oh my god and i thought i had bad luck....:eek:

I guess I can do some searching in Dallas to see what they have. I know of just a few Magic shops but for some reason Magic is quiet in Dallas. I don't see anyone performing much outside of a bartender that uses this to retain customers.

6 Million People here. I just need one Wingman.

Well honestly I haven't seen or heard of any magicians from Vancouver, except the 2 I know from my local magic shop (Clownin' Around Magic ftw =]) The closest person I know that lives to me that I've talked to is Cory Landels? (sorry if I spelt your name wrong) so I have the same problem lol.

-RA69

Aug 31, 2007
MI, US
I guess I can do some searching in Dallas to see what they have. I know of just a few Magic shops but for some reason Magic is quiet in Dallas. I don't see anyone performing much outside of a bartender that uses this to retain customers.

6 Million People here. I just need one Wingman.

I'm sure there is someone you'll be able to find in your area interested in magic.
Maybe head over to the magic shop and maybe you'll meet someone else in there also purchasing magic. :)
Good luck!

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Maybe we shud set up some thing where people put in where they live and it comes up with people who live near them who are willing to pair up.

btw. Any1 in melbourne australia around 16?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results