I need ideas, your ideas.

I've got a stage magic performance in about a months time in school. It'll only be my second ever piece of stage magic. Here's part of my first ever one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPmyM_9vfDI
As you can see, the trick I did doesn't give any of the audience the full idea of what has gone on. So I need your ideas for tricks that can be done on stage that are either free or relatively inexpensive. I'm only 15 so my funds are limited and I'm fairly inexperienced to performing on stage.
Just reply with the names of any tricks that work on stage that don't require expensive props to do.
Thanks for your help! :)

Apr 20, 2013
Your performance is basically astonishing and the spectators/audiences were following you easily. My concern was using deck of cards in a considerable lots of crowd and quite a far from them would make them hard to visually see everything through and through. You might consider on putting a projector connected to a camera and focus the camera shots on you so that the spectators can follow you even better.

I see that your style of magic would be a lot concentrated on sleight of hand. I would recommend the classic Cups and Balls for your performance.
I never performed sleight of hands in front of a medium - big stage.
I would usually perform Mentalism.
Though if you're interested to try Mentalism/Mental Magic on your performance in the upcoming show, I would suggest you to perform Book Test, although it might require a little more practice on the presentation since mentalism usually are hard for the audiences to follow, especially if there are kids.

Either way, that performance was great. I was hoping for the best for you on the upcoming performance.
-LYE

Thanks for the feedback.
Just one question though.
What would be the best cups and balls DVD/kit to buy in your opinion?
Or is it easier just to experiment in front of a mirror and not buy a DVD at all?
Okay that was two questions but oh well.
Thanks again!

Apr 20, 2013
There are several cups and balls tutorials, DVDs, and e-books spread all over the world wide web.
Either one is okay, I won't mind even if you only download a free copy.
For the Cups and Balls itself, I would rather suggest you to buy at a local magic shop, because they were engineered better for the performance itself.

I would suggest you to see Gazoo's performance in Penn and Teller's Fool Us ( I forgot which season and which episode ) and I would like you to digest his presentation and performance.

I'll be waiting for your progress, brother.
_LYE

Oct 5, 2012
Something else to consider is what close-up tricks you have that can play for a larger audience. A lot of card tricks that "play small" can be adapted and adjusted to play to a larger audience. That may be a way to shift things to the stage

Sep 1, 2007
Sometimes the strongest thing you can do, is set up that you are some hardcore cardshark(p) - then do something self working.

You could perform a cards across, then call yourself out by mentioning the fact that (although it plays big), the cards are really small and the audience is so far away. Then you bring out Kings Crossing, which is a jumbo cards across. sleight of hand free and performed entirely in the spectators hands.

Just a thought.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results