I think I got a pretty good trick here...

Sep 1, 2007
i thought of this trick the other day and i have it almost perfected but the effect is you have the spectator point to ANY card. Then you show it to them and have them sign it. Then you flip it over and ask them "if i were to give you any coin what would it be?" Lets say a quarter then you ask them their name lets say its wayne:D then you draw a quarter and write "a quarter for Wayne" then you show them that it is their signed card and have them rub both sides to make sure it wont rub off. You put your marker away and then you start to rub the card then you release your hand and show that the ink has melted of and turned into a real quarter. then you take off that card and show it IS their signed card and give the quarter and card for them to keep

tell me what you think
and im thinking about calling it Liberty or pocket change

Sep 2, 2007
a downside i could see is a possible smartass giving you a name of some foreign coin you've never heard of, or don't have in your posession

Sep 1, 2007
true so i guess i should ad maybe like just normal US or what ever currency they have sso from a penny to a quarter

Sep 1, 2007
That sounds like it would be a really cool effect. You'd just have to specify, name a US coin from a penny to a quarter.

Dec 4, 2007
It does sound like a very cool effect. I dont think that specifying would realy be necessary. People replying like that would be few and far between, and easily dealt with.

you could reply "i'm a magician not a bank" or "what would that be good for?"

there are just enough odds of someone naming a golden dollor, susan b anthony, 50 cent (still kinda rare), silver penny... to name a few. either way they can still name something you wont have on you. adding that limitation may take from the effect somewhat.

my two chons (100 year old Korean currency, which is now out of rotation and very rare)

Sep 1, 2007
Savannah, GA
Sounds decent.

You could always just go with a quarter regardless instead of having them choose...not sure how much the choice adds to the effect. Would have to see it in action I suppose...

Aug 31, 2007
You could always just tell them that you're going to draw a quarter (or w/e yo want) for them, instead of letting them pick. And, have a routine to go into afterwards with it just in case they ask why it had to be a quarter.

Sep 1, 2007
yeah if they ask maybe ask them for another coin and say that the one i made appear is magic and then do a click pass or somthing

Sep 24, 2007
Hmmmm. I'm pretty sure that hasn't been done before. It's like a card/coin combo. The last good card/coin I saw was Al's matrix.

This has potential.

Nov 20, 2007
Not anything new...but here are some ideas.

Its an interesting idea it is basically a variation of a lot of tricks, really not anything new. I would try and make it more visual like pulling off the writing and than changing it into a quarter. But if you could make the item you create more personal than you could really hit them hard.

Sep 1, 2007
i thought of an idea to do that
ok what you do is you do a diff coin trick with a quarter like sinful and get the card signed and then have them sign the card "quarter" and then make it apper as its signed

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results