I think I invented a trick? Advice please.

So, I just joined this magnificent cite, I'm a young magician from Reno. But I'll spare the details.

I think that I invented a slight/ color change/ utility move, I've never seen it anywhere and I've never read about it, but if i publish it here and get paid for it can't i get sewed? I don't want to get into any trouble i just want to get this truly helpful tool out into the world! Your assistance would mean the world to me! Thank you!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Robby, as mentioned Theory 11 does check for originality and crediting. If your effect / sleight / or move is truly original you should be fine. If it is a modification of someone else's please make sure you give credit where due or your video will probably get denied. If you are unsure and want to share a raw video of it with someone prior to putting in all of the time and effort of making the trailer, and a great shoot, you may want to do so to save yourself the time if it is not original. Just food for thought.

GarethNg

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2011
Just make a video where you perform it. It doesn't have to be great, we just need to the the effect or sleight. Then, ask if anyone is interesting in watching (don't make it public to everyone) to check originality.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results