IBM - Guests?

Okay, so I happen to be passing through an area where a local IBM meeting is being held. Now, I am interested in visiting. I'll only be available for one meeting, and I just want to go and see some magic.

I'm sort of shy and I've never been to any IBM meetings before, so I don't know what to expect. On the website it says visitors and guests are welcome, but I'm not sure... I took a break from magic and I'm a bit rusty, so I'd rather not perform.

I understand this will vary from ring to ring, but anybody have any suggestions? I also know this isn't much of a question, but if somebody could fill me in that would be great.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 10, 2007
Just go in and introduce yourself believe me no one is going to be like " oh your dumb leave" all the rings I have been too everyone is very supportive and kind.

Nov 30, 2007
Magicians should be friendly. Just make a good first impression and you should make it out alive. :) I personally love meeting with other magicians in rings, it is just such a cool feeling. Don't pass this up.

Okay, thanks. Think they will suspect I'm a laymen if I don't show off any tricks or moves? :p

Speaking of laymen, are laymen allowed to attend meetings? Ex. magic shows in the meeting.

Also, how are the meetings structured?

Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:

CalvinTan

Elite Member
Yes they do. The close-up contest, and the stage contest are open for laymen to come and enjoy. The Christmas dinner/show is also open to laymen. I think the only thing that is not open to laymen are the lectures. You don't have to be a magician to be there. The club is also open to magic historians and enthusiasts. If you show up and say you used to do some magic but haven't in a very long time, nobody is going to bother you about doing a trick for them. What you'll find is that they're more than eager to show you a trick instead.

-Calvin

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results