icannotmakeapassword reviews: SMILE by Justin Miller

Jan 11, 2011
DISCLAIMER THIS IS NOT A JM HATE THREAD. AUTOGRAPH IS THE FIRST EFFECT I LEARNT FROM A DVD AND I OWE A LOT TO THIS DUDE. IF YOU WANT TO TALK BAD ABOUT HIM, S***W OFF. SERIOUSLY.

Hi guys.

Around a month ago, I got this new download from justinmillermagic.com, called SMILE.

This is what they say:

Create an amazing piece of magic with a borrowed cell phone and borrowed cards.Smile is a creation of Justin Miller's with inspiration from bSmith and Joel Paschall.

A card is selected and lost in the deck. You find the wrong card and take a photo of the spectator holding this incorrect card on your cell phone or theirs, you then turn this wrong card into their selection visually! If that wasn't enough, the card on the cell phone then changes to the right card as well... And yes, they are holding the card in the picture!

Smile is the ultimate way to meet girls and get those digits!
Everything is borrowed, so no set up time!
No gimmicks used!
Totally impromptu!

53 min of clear cut teaching by one of magic's most personable and thorough teachers; JM (the artist formally known as justin miller...say it fast it sounds legal) with live performances, so you get to see how it goes down in the real world!

Accountability to advertising:

This effect is exactly what the ad says

Practicality:

I will give it around 7 for practicality. This effect hits hard with audience management. You need to be engaging to make this effect practical. JM goes through how this can be done.

Difficulty:

I will give it a 3 for difficulty (yes that's how easy this is). Even with the simple sleights, Justin goes through each and every move thoroughly.

Teaching:

Oh. Teaching. Needless to say, Justin is one of my favourite teachers of all time. Like in the autograph DVD, he digresses at some points to give you the little subtleties that you can pick up for this effect and magic as a whole. a 10/10.

Quality:

Picture is ok, but not perfect. 7/10.

Reactions:

10/10. That's how good it is.

Conclusion:

For just $10, don't wait. Get it now.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results