Ideas for my speech...

Aug 31, 2007
Hey gus im looking for a little bit of advice. Im running for middle school council. I have to do a speech in front of the school. The students then vote. Usually every year the person with the most creative speech wins. Im running for activity commisionor. I think i want to do some maby comedy magic or something in my speech or before i speek. If you guys had any ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
alex

since you're running for activity commisioner try doing a quick, but simple trick, tell them if they were impressed, the school could set up a proffessional magic show, be free about yourself and just tell them what YOU plan out for the school to do.

Not exactly sure how much control you have over what happens, but I'm not a master speech writer either, so I apologize for my loose idea....

At the beggining as you try to talk cough every once in a while and act like you have something in your throat. Then cough hard and pull cards out of your mouth. Apologize and continue. Half way through, do the same thing only with D'lites ( assuming the room is dark ). You could also try doing hummer card.

Aug 31, 2007
I actually like that idea but the thing is i will be on a stage and so it kind of has to be bigger its a big gym...

Use tricks along with your speech. For example, with panic. "There are many things to do with this posistion" fan out cards. "But I like to just get rid of the junk and empty promises and give you the highest priorities." make the rest of the cards disapper. I think this would look rather good and you could do this same type of thing with other tricks too!

I say don't do it. School isn't the time for magic.

Dummyisdumb,

I am not trying to insult you here but i must say I have seen a lot of your posts and you seem to be quite annoying at times. no offence.

Anyway, I feel that school is good because people will remember it and you'll be famous especially if you do in front of a whole school. It also gives you a feel for what stage work is like while in a comfortable environment surrounded by people your own age.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
Alright guys dont fight i like the panic idea heres what i was thinking about and see if you guys can add on.

To start i will say a line like "to me i think the most important part about bieng activities commisionor is to be creative. Now im going to give you all a speech but first i need some food to get my creative juices flowing. I pile out a paper lunch bag and say Lets see what mother packed today. And the i look inside the bag and look at the audience funny. then i continue to produce an 8 foot straw. After i say thanks mommm and then say ok i guess were done with that shall we move on and do my speech.

Oct 8, 2007
Put on an Electric Touch and shake everybody's hands. Kidding, but that was actually half meant. Put in some patter with that. Do it to insinuate your magical and literally shocking presence.

-Produce campaign materials out of thin air and out of your mouth.
-Do Popfist during your grand entrance.
-Take out your written speech (on flash paper) and burn it, then produce a picture of yourself, smiling. You then proceed to sign it and toss the picture to the crowd.
-Do an ACR. Present yourself as the ambitious card, and rise to the top. :D
I got that "rise to the top part "from a T11 forum member's signature, sorry but I forgot who.
-Do a torn and restored card effect with a rectangular picture of your school logo or whatever it is you want to represent. There's symbolism here. Restoring the school to its former glory, giving it what it really needs and what it's missing, making it complete once more, visualizing how you will make the school better, repairing the damages from past mistakes, etc.

These are just some of my ideas. Really, times like these get your creative juices flowing as to what other uses magic has.

And by the way if you plan to do close-up effects on a huge venue, have a camera, projector, and a screen ready, so everyone can see what you're doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results