iKnow - New trick utilizing iPod/MP3 player

Sep 1, 2007
Hey guys (and gals),

Wanted to take just a second to let you know about a new effect being released by Jason Palter (Third Degree Burn, The Red Carpet) called iKnow. It's a trick utilizing an iPod or MP3 player where you're able to determine the song a spectator is singing in their head.

I knew Jason was brewing something up, so with a little prodding and poking, he spilled some of the beans to me. Before I go on, it's only fair that I disclose that Jason and I have talked and hashed around ideas in the past. I would consider Jason a friend. However, my thoughts on the trick are completely objective.

The trick is basically as I just described. A spectator is shown a playlist on your iPod (or MP3 player). Let's say the playlist has 70 songs on it. They're asked to scroll through, listen to a few of the songs, etc. The iPod is placed behind their back and they scroll up and down the playlist to choose any song they want. They listen to the song and are asked if they recognize it. The magician begins reading their mind, feeling their pulse, listening to their thoughts as they sing the song in their head, etc, etc.

The magician begins bopping his head…humming…singing…the song they chose.

There is no peek of any kind. You can't audibly hear the song they've chosen. The conditions are as fair as can be.

I don't want to sound like an advertisement, but the trick is ingenious. It works on virtually any MP3 player. I haven't seen the DVD yet, but I talked to Jason and he told me it's about an hour long. There are presentation ideas for close-up, street, and even stage. I love the idea of having a trick on you at all times (assuming you carry an iPod/MP3 player) that doesn't utilize cards or coins and requires absolutely no setup. Plus, music is something that resonates with everyone.

Let me know if you guys have any questions and I'll try to do my best to answer them. I'm sure Jason would be willing to answer them himself if you'd rather hear it from the horse's mouth. There's a preview video posted on his website.

www.paltergeist.com

For $20 I honestly don't think you'll be disappointed.

Loz

Oct 5, 2007
Northampton, England
You move your ear close to theirs AFTER the headphones have been removed. You're not able to hear the music they're listening to.

You mean you can't really hear the sounds reverberating around their eardrums? I want my money back.

Seriously, it looks a pretty nice effect, though I'm not sure I'd want to go around handing out my earphones to random people to stick in their lugs. :p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results