Illegal Copy of Panic DVD

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
um i was browsing through and i came across the whole dvd ripped onto a filesharing service i don't want to release the url but if a T11 member once to pm me i will give it to them.

why are people doing this they have spent $25 and they are giving away this trick which fisher has spent endless hours on i find it annoying!

Aug 30, 2007
Thanks for looking out drorange. I just PMed you.

And I agree - it sucks to see people cheapen all of the work that a great artist like Aaron put into creating what I think is an incredible effect.

Dana

um i was browsing through and i came across the whole dvd ripped onto putfile i don't want to release the url but if a T11 member once to pm me i will give it to them.

why are people doing this they have spent $25 and they are giving away this trick which fisher has spent endless hours on i find it annoying!

Same thing happened with Melting Point.

Bloody disgusting behaviour.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to buy magic...simple as that.

Rabid Out

Ray

Sep 1, 2007
Germany
My curiosity gets me...what are you actually searching these for? So YOU can download them yourself? As i said, just curious, though i don't expect anyone to be honest about it

My curiosity gets me.... Why did you click on the thread? So YOU might find the link to download that yourself?
As I said, just curious, though I don't expect you to be honest about it.

You see... conclusions can be made very fast no?

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
My curiosity gets me.... Why did you click on the thread? So YOU might find the link to download that yourself?
As I said, just curious, though I don't expect you to be honest about it.

You see... conclusions can be made very fast no?

My curiosity gets me... Why did you answer his post?

I like this game. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
Maine, USA
Guys, this REALLY pisses me off, people who buy panic, or any other dvd, and rip it to the internet and think there cool, don't deserve to do, or even see magic. People may or may not agree with me, but in my eyes it would just be nice to not have stupid people upload there dvds onto the internet for pirates to come along and download. People shouldn't, and along with that, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, there tricks, so when they upload there videos, people like the dvd rippers won't come along, see how it's done, and post a tutorial.

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
Guys, this REALLY pisses me off, people who buy panic, or any other dvd, and rip it to the internet and think there cool, don't deserve to do, or even see magic. People may or may not agree with me, but in my eyes it would just be nice to not have stupid people upload there dvds onto the internet for pirates to come along and download. People shouldn't, and along with that, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, there tricks, so when they upload there videos, people like the dvd rippers won't come along, see how it's done, and post a tutorial.

I personally think magic videos should be uncopiable.

for awhile there were companys talking about doing that for places like blockbuster and netflix, THat way people dont rent the movies rip them to their computer and voila. basically a free movie.

or maybe that was an idea that never got tried.

~Jordan

Sep 24, 2007
www.myspace.com
i completely agree with this. It's depressing because i've had people i'm performing for start explaining EXACTLY how i do a trick when they don't even do magic. people simply want to know the secret so they can be cool for 5 minutes and make us magicians look like idiots.

if i owned a magic site i'd have a series of quiz-like things that had information not attainable off of google some how before someone could checkout and buy the dvds so only TRUE magicians could buy my stuff.

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
i completely agree with this. It's depressing because i've had people i'm performing for start explaining EXACTLY how i do a trick when they don't even do magic. people simply want to know the secret so they can be cool for 5 minutes and make us magicians look like idiots.

if i owned a magic site i'd have a series of quiz-like things that had information not attainable off of google some how before someone could checkout and buy the dvds so only TRUE magicians could buy my stuff.

Well some people are smart though, so dont blame knowing already completely on that.
i'm not saying dont blame piracey, just dont forget some people are smart.
Try performing tricks for 10 YOs they are smart little buggers.

~Jordan

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide, Australia
I personally think magic videos should be uncopiable.

for awhile there were companys talking about doing that for places like blockbuster and netflix, THat way people dont rent the movies rip them to their computer and voila. basically a free movie.

or maybe that was an idea that never got tried.

~Jordan

By making them protected so that they can't be copied does cause problems. Sony Music did this with some of their CDs. The system that they used caused some big problems. The CDs would not play on some CD players, the originals. In fact, they wouldn't play on some Sony CD players.
That of course is only issue one.
There are lots of smart people out there that like a challenge. Who do you think writes the programs to rip DVDs now? By putting more protection on the DVDs, it is just setting them another challenge. One that they will be happy to take on for bragging rights if they crack it. So it really would only be a matter of time before there was other software out there to copy the protected DVDs.

That's why it never happened.

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
By making them protected so that they can't be copied does cause problems. Sony Music did this with some of their CDs. The system that they used caused some big problems. The CDs would not play on some CD players, the originals. In fact, they wouldn't play on some Sony CD players.
That of course is only issue one.
There are lots of smart people out there that like a challenge. Who do you think writes the programs to rip DVDs now? By putting more protection on the DVDs, it is just setting them another challenge. One that they will be happy to take on for bragging rights if they crack it. So it really would only be a matter of time before there was other software out there to copy the protected DVDs.

That's why it never happened.

I remember this now.

*Sigh*

~Jordan

You really expected anything less? I could find full versions of just about any magic DVD ever made, there are whole sites dedicated to that sort of thing. This is the internet, if people steal music, games and movies, why would Magic be any different?

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
You really expected anything less? I could find full versions of just about any magic DVD ever made, there are whole sites dedicated to that sort of thing. This is the internet, if people steal music, games and movies, why would Magic be any different?

Psht. Because magic is.. errm... to magical to be stolen?

joking

~Jordan

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results