Votes: 23 17.6%
  • I download magic for free occasionally

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I downloaded magic for free before but no longer do so

Votes: 35 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 18, 2008
The poll is anonymous so I hope we get some real answers here. This is also a good place for confessions.

Sep 1, 2007
I was going to bed, but I spotted this and couldn't pass it up.

I used to pirate PDFs. I don't anymore because now I actually have an income. Notice the second half of that sentence.

Things get very interesting when we add a little nuance to the issue.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I was going to bed, but I spotted this and couldn't pass it up.

I used to pirate PDFs. I don't anymore because now I actually have an income. Notice the second half of that sentence.

Things get very interesting when we add a little nuance to the issue.

Depends on what you would pirate. College books. I could agree with pirating those due to how over priced they are (even for used books.).

But for things like magic books or whatever then it's something different. Tho I personally find it better and easier to read some thing when I have the hard copy of it, rather than sitting there reading it off a computer screen. That's just my style tho.

Jan 4, 2009
The only thing I've downloaded it for free is Erdnase (Legally) some of you know about the free version of erdnase .... that's about it ... i dont even download music illegally .... my dad would kill me =b

Oct 25, 2008
Michigan
I do plenty of things illegally and I've pirated a some music and movies but I am proud to say that I have never downloaded magic content illegally.

That being said, this thread actually incited me to go look around a little bit, and I will say that unless you really know what you're doing you will not find much magic available to pirate, and what you do find looks like it's lacking in the seed department, probably very slow goings.

And one last thing, steerpike brings up an interesting point with the economic value of pirating media. I do not think that money (or lack thereof) should be a good reason to download media. If you wanted something bad enough you would work hard for it and respect the creator by buying it. If you don't care about the creator you most likely pirate because it's convenient and free, not because you simply don't have, or could not get the money. We all love free!

I do plenty of things illegally and I've pirated a some music and movies but I am proud to say that I have never downloaded magic content illegally.

That being said, this thread actually incited me to go look around a little bit, and I will say that unless you really know what you're doing you will not find much magic available to pirate, and what you do find looks like it's lacking in the seed department, probably very slow goings.

And one last thing, steerpike brings up an interesting point with the economic value of pirating media. I do not think that money (or lack thereof) should be a good reason to download media. If you wanted something bad enough you would work hard for it and respect the creator by buying it. If you don't care about the creator you most likely pirate because it's convenient and free, not because you simply don't have, or could not get the money. We all love free!
You dont really have to look hard just google magic torrents.

JDEN

Sep 1, 2007
I have never, but I have thought about it. Fortunately, the good in me prevailed!

Quotes like this are quite nauseating in their self-righteousness. They betray a lack of understanding in how the real world works, a lack of comprehension further confirmed by this:

I do not think that money (or lack thereof) should be a good reason to download media. If you wanted something bad enough you would work hard for it and respect the creator by buying it. If you don't care about the creator you most likely pirate because it's convenient and free, not because you simply don't have, or could not get the money. We all love free!

We can wax nobility and economic chivalry all we want, but that ignores moral relativism. It's a very close-minded perspective.

Now, I don't use torrents to get magic and mentalism resources anymore. However, I do have a source to which I can turn whenever I want to get numerous classic books for free. I have used this source, and I plan to continue using it in the future. In fact, I am going to recommend my students to use it as well.

Now I ask you the community: Is that the wrong thing to do?

Jul 10, 2008
I'd have to say I never have. It's never even crossed my mind to even think about doing so, hell I wouldn't even know where to do so.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results