I'm new to Flourishinng

Jul 1, 2013
Hello everyone I became very interested in flourishing. I've seen some tutorials and learned the basics and a couple of easy flourishes. Can anyone recommend a good tutorial for me to learn? Thanks you.

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Well, you should really make sure that you can confidently perform the basics. Knowing the fundamentals is important for any cardist. Aside from that, there are some great tutorials on YouTube, Kardistry and the Wire. Genesis by Andrei Jikh has some great beginner material, Papercuts by Chris Hestnes has some beginner cuts and Dan and Dave have a Cardistry 101 series that covers some other easy cuts. You should also make sure you take a look at Jerry's Encyclopedia of Card Flourishes and some other older materials as well.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
After their recommendations, I can say Daniel Madison just put out Cardistry and it seems pretty good. I'm even considering learning one or two of them.

JokerZingo

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2012
Sweden
freemagictutorials.com
As all the other mentioned before Genesis V1 is great. I'm a magician and not a flourisher but I bought Genesis cause it's always good to know some cool flourishes aswell and I found Genesis very helpful you should also check out "The sybil cut" that's a good way to start.

But definatly buy Genesis you got all "the starter" flourishes in that Dvd an other tip is to use a sleightly older deck cause it old the cards toughter easier and will help you achive the flourishes more smoothly.

Thanks - Markus/JokerZingo

Aug 28, 2009
Learning the basics is the best way to start. I'd recommend learning Sybil and the basic one handed cuts (Charlier, Revolution etc) to start and there is plenty of great material out there for free.
That being said, I can't recommend Dan and Dave's The Trilogy enough. The stuff on disc two is awesome and if you keep practising the material it'll become natural eventually. Also on disc three there is the Flourishes 101 section, which has some awesome basic stuff on it.

Keep practising mate!

lordbd

Elite Member
Jun 26, 2013
Virginia
I also just started, and I have been using Genesis and it is awesome. You'll learn some easier cuts and stuff quickly which is motivating. Then you get to the tougher stuff and its challenging. Be prepared to start obsessively carrying a deck with you everywhere.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results