Imagination

do you think this thread is stupid

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 8, 2008
Tintagel
i've got an idea what i want everyone to do is think of an concept of a close up effect something that is so crazy no one knows how its done and has never been done

use your imagination guys i look forward to reading your ideas

mAtt

Last edited by a moderator:
May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
ok um...
imagination...
here I go.
U take a deck of cards and rub it and it becomes a full sized lion with a pig on its head singing happy birthday.
that is what i call a good birthday magician's trick

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
A more reaslistic idea would be to levitate a card between your hands and have it burn up, change or tear itself to pieces when you say so.

That would be an awesome concept to play around with - totally hands off!

Gustav

Nov 23, 2007
NC
How about levitating a flame? Not a huge flame. Just a normal flame.

I've been working on this for some time now and come up with a few ways but nothing practical so far.

Eventually I’ll get it though.

Mar 29, 2008
You want crazy imagination?

I want to be able to walk into a room full of people...snap my fingers...and everyone in the room starts barfing - once that is over - I snap my fingers again and they are all instantly naked and the barf is cleaned up. I then have everyone think of a card - I hold my hand like a finger gun and pretend shoot them...where they instantly have an orgasm and I name their thought of card...then I take a roll of quarters and eat them one at a time like candy, chewing them up and swallowing...and then fart out a ten dollar bill in exchange...I then fold it up and ask someone to name any country...and change that bill into a person from that country....at that point, everyone's hair falls out....and to close - I nod my head....and everyone poop's themselves....I then turn all that poop to gold for them to keep...and disappear in a cloud of cheeztos dust.

May 19, 2008
manchester
ummmmm.... Ive had this idea for a bit - you flourish, hands off, so its like pk/tk or whatever it is, and you flourish and make a big display before making the cards dissapear.

Mar 29, 2008
OH, I got one - maybe you could have a card selected...then shuffle cards face up into face down...and then when you spread them - nothing happens. The deck is just a mess...I bet it would fool magicians.

How about this one - you pretend to take someone's nose, like when they were a kid...and put it into your hand...then it turns into a car....you open the car door and a beautiful women comes out...then another...and another...eventually every Playboy Playmate comes out of the car from the past 50 years...then Hef comes out with his three ladies...everyone that came out of the car has a deck of cards....Hef picks one card and signs it...then ALL the decks are combined...you then produced Shaquille O'Neal from behind someone's ear...he is required because he is the only one with hands big enough to shuffle up all the cards....after the cards are shuffle...you get Shaq to throw the cards at a window....the window breaks...and sign is behind the window....and it says, "THIS IS THE MOST STUPID THREAD IN THE HISTORY OF T11" - Everyone freaks out and applaudes...because they agree.

Jul 8, 2008
Tintagel
OH, I got one - maybe you could have a card selected...then shuffle cards face up into face down...and then when you spread them - nothing happens. The deck is just a mess...I bet it would fool magicians....., "THIS IS THE MOST STUPID THREAD IN THE HISTORY OF T11" - Everyone freaks out and applaudes...because they agree.

maybe your right but you have to remember that some of the best fxs have been created by a crazy idea think off..

the gecko
daniel garcias life
exile
barry and stuarts puch through stomach
chris lafferty's freezer burn
branded
adam topham's reveal
bang on

to name a few

mAtt

Mar 29, 2008
I wouldn't call that list "some of the best fx" in magic - but I can agree that out loud thinking can lead to CREATIVE things. Hope this thread does that...but then again...I think in these times, most people don't share the gold...just the coal...but squeeze it hard enough superman, and it will turn to a diamond...hey, maybe you can do that as an effect!

I think you need to read my post - THE MOST AMAZING TRICK...

Jul 8, 2008
Tintagel
And how does that advance your magic?

well i wanted this thread to inspire everyone not just me and for them to think outside the box because this day in age there are so many effects out there everything is starting to get repetitive and by bouncing ideas off each other an amazing concept could be born. in my ipinion i feel that G::Wadstrand submission was awesome

mAtt

You want crazy imagination?

I want to be able to walk into a room full of people...snap my fingers...and everyone in the room starts barfing - once that is over - I snap my fingers again and they are all instantly naked and the barf is cleaned up. I then have everyone think of a card - I hold my hand like a finger gun and pretend shoot them...where they instantly have an orgasm and I name their thought of card...then I take a roll of quarters and eat them one at a time like candy, chewing them up and swallowing...and then fart out a ten dollar bill in exchange...I then fold it up and ask someone to name any country...and change that bill into a person from that country....at that point, everyone's hair falls out....and to close - I nod my head....and everyone poop's themselves....I then turn all that poop to gold for them to keep...and disappear in a cloud of cheeztos dust.

Awkward:eek:

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
How about levitating a flame? Not a huge flame. Just a normal flame.

I've been working on this for some time now and come up with a few ways but nothing practical so far.

Eventually I’ll get it though.

That would be cool ;) I'd rather levitate something and when I say something it instantly combust in the space between my hands. (then perhaps it could appear somewhere else, in my pocket, their pocket etc if it's something like a ring)

Gustav

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results