Impossible Bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu-pendous

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2010
Perth, Australia
www.facebook.com
I've always wanted some impossible decks in bottles but they are always so expensive or hard to come by for me.
So I've decided to start learning how to make them myself. has anyone tried? I know the technique I'll be using for making them. Just have to accumulate some empty bottles now.
I'm looking at my gold monarchs and thinking they will make a great piece when I'm good at it.

Reactions: NikkoSuave
Mar 6, 2015
You can use milk bottles for the impossible bottles. You need several long wires, metal or wooden pincette. If you have a lathe you can make wooden bottle stoppers. Finding cork stoppers is difficult. If you do not have a lathe then you can make bottle stoppers from carved balsa blocks.

Reactions: Stu-pendous

Stu-pendous

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2010
Perth, Australia
www.facebook.com
You can use milk bottles for the impossible bottles. You need several long wires, metal or wooden pincette. If you have a lathe you can make wooden bottle stoppers. Finding cork stoppers is difficult. If you do not have a lathe then you can make bottle stoppers from carved balsa blocks.

I figured the stoppers would be the harder thing to find, I've got some crystal skull vodka bottles that come with corks so they would look quite nice. Just a matter of getting some practice with it all now.

Dec 29, 2011
I've made quite a few, about accumulating bottles, I mostly use Ikea bottles. They are a great shape and size and $2 each, provided you've got access to Ikea.

Stu-pendous

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2010
Perth, Australia
www.facebook.com
I've made quite a few, about accumulating bottles, I mostly use Ikea bottles. They are a great shape and size and $2 each, provided you've got access to Ikea.
Great tip, there's an Ikea only about 15 minutes from my house. otherwise quite a few second hand stores around me that have amazing looking bottles for around 50 cents each.

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
I know this is an old post but I recently restarted making bottles for those who still care or are just getting into the artform.

I've read the previous posts and I've found a lot of supplies online and locally that work great for me.

When I found out that Jamie Grant used 17oz milk bottles from Avalon Dairy Farm in Canada, I contacted them to see if it was possible for them to send me a few. They never got back to me.

I was shopping around online and found the exact same bottle Avalon uses (theirs is branded with their name.. you can see their logo on the bottle on Jamie's website) that are unbranded and beautiful. They cost around $2 a bottle, sold in 6-packs.

The cork stopper, I found at Michael's. I just bought the biggest one they had and it fit and sits up high because the neck of the bottle is a little smaller than the bottles I've been practicing with. Michael's always has 40%-50% off coupons you can screenshot and show the cashier. The corks cost about $3 and come in a 2-pack.

Also at Michael's, I found a roll of twine for about $5 and some hang tags for $3. I was using blank bicycle riders as the tag but to me there was something aesthetic missing. Perhaps it was the whole "brown" theme with the cork and the twine.

The methodology behind getting the deck inside is my own secret as I'm pretty sure Jamie and those alike have their own techniques.

I will add that I use crystal clear gorilla glue to make sure the bottle doesn't get uncorked. The last thing you want is for someone to open the bottle use their finger to claw at the deck and the cellophane becomes damaged (personal experience).

I recently did one with Navigators and I think it looks amazing.. so much so that the white and gold themed decks like Artisans and Tycoons are at the top of my list, visually.

Here's a photo of my Navigators bottle.
PicsArt_01-09-12.20.38.jpg

If anyone needs some pointers or tips as I could use some myself, send me a message.

Cheers!

Reactions: JoshL8

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
I know this is an old post but I recently restarted making bottles for those who still care or are just getting into the artform.

I've read the previous posts and I've found a lot of supplies online and locally that work great for me.

When I found out that Jamie Grant used 17oz milk bottles from Avalon Dairy Farm in Canada, I contacted them to see if it was possible for them to send me a few. They never got back to me.

I was shopping around online and found the exact same bottle Avalon uses (theirs is branded with their name.. you can see their logo on the bottle on Jamie's website) that are unbranded and beautiful. They cost around $2 a bottle, sold in 6-packs.

The cork stopper, I found at Michael's. I just bought the biggest one they had and it fit and sits up high because the neck of the bottle is a little smaller than the bottles I've been practicing with. Michael's always has 40%-50% off coupons you can screenshot and show the cashier. The corks cost about $3 and come in a 2-pack.

Also at Michael's, I found a roll of twine for about $5 and some hang tags for $3. I was using blank bicycle riders as the tag but to me there was something aesthetic missing. Perhaps it was the whole "brown" theme with the cork and the twine.

The methodology behind getting the deck inside is my own secret as I'm pretty sure Jamie and those alike have their own techniques.

I will add that I use crystal clear gorilla glue to make sure the bottle doesn't get uncorked. The last thing you want is for someone to open the bottle use their finger to claw at the deck and the cellophane becomes damaged (personal experience).

I recently did one with Navigators and I think it looks amazing.. so much so that the white and gold themed decks like Artisans and Tycoons are at the top of my list, visually.

Here's a photo of my Navigators bottle.
View attachment 3776

If anyone needs some pointers or tips as I could use some myself, send me a message.

Cheers!
Looks great! Thanks for sharing! If anyone has any questions about it feel free to reach out. I am going to go ahead and close this thread since it is a bit old. Thanks again for sharing!

Reactions: Deryn
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results