Impossible Color Change

I've heard it referred to as the "Impossible Color Change". Here is a link to a performance of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6PILvbm_e4.

Does anyone know what it's called, who developed it and most importantly where I can learn this effect?

Thanks in advance.

I personally don't know the effect but, it is on I believe Ninja1 which is sold on Ellusionist...I may be wrong so you may want to double check but Im sure it's sold through the Ninja series.

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
Ninja 2: Weapons Actually. It is supposed to be a bonus effect. I do not own the DVD, but if you go to their product page they show it there. :D

Oct 23, 2007
Austin, TX USA
Thanks for the pointer. I found it. Looks like it's actually in Ninja 2, which is unfortunate. I'd rather not give those guys 50 bucks for one effect. :(

Aug 31, 2007
Australia
You can acheive the same effect impromptu, no gaffs/gimmicks: just pure sleight-of-hand. Except you'll be holding the deck, instead of having it on the table.

Sep 2, 2007
Lord. . . can the one from Ninja 2 be done that quickly? I'll have to go back and watch Ninja for review, but dang that's quick!

Sep 1, 2007
There's a non-gaffed version in Card College Vol. 3 called "Holy Smoke":

"A card is chosen, noted and shuffled back into the deck. The performer then turns the deck face up to reveal an indifferent card. A burning candle is placed on the face of the deck and when the performer passes his hand over the flame, the indifferent card under the candle changes visibly into the chosen one."

Sep 1, 2007
you could also accomplish this (with the coin, no gaff) using the tabled tenkai-palm change. i learned it on magic makers "hot shot color changes" which is quite a bit better value for the money.

Sep 2, 2007
The trick is not worth it, trust me. You have to make a gaff for the card.
(Delete this if it's exposure)

What's wrong with gaffs? Some of the greatest card workers in the world use gaffs on a regular basis. . . I'm pretty sure Jeff McBride keeps a cut-corner card (or is it a short card?) in his deck for forces. Gaffs are just another means to an end, and if you use it correctly a spectator will never know it's there. All that really matters is the effect on the audience.

Sep 16, 2007
Kent, WA state
Generally i would agree with you STreetmage, but with this one- trust us. The gaff isn't something you just 'walk around with' kind of thing. Now that i think about it, that video goes a long way in exposing the effect- just by the presentation he did with it.

I will NEVER use that color change- but Brad does make it look amazing.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results