Impossible Disappearing Fingers

Sep 11, 2010
I don't think it was photoshopped. The "disappeared" finger is just at an angle directly even with the camera, so you can only see the top part of the finger.

Last edited by a moderator:

CAndrew

Elite Member
Jan 12, 2011
I don't think it was photoshopped. The "disappeared" finer is just at an angle directly even with the camera, so you can only see the top part of the finger.

I know it wasn't, I just said it looked like it was. That was meant to be a compliment

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
Looks great. If it's done how I think it's done it's a cool way of using an old principle.

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
When half of your finger disappeared, I thought to myself "well, that looks cool but he just (you turn your hand) HOLY S**T!!!"
I have an idea of how it's done, but that idea doesn't really go well with live audiences, so how performable is your method in close-up magic?

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
The finger act was first done by Mier Yidid in the early 80's What's curious however, is that Mier was in an accident in which one of his fingers literally got severed. The irony being that it was the finger he'd always started with.

I do believe the routine is available on Video for those wishing to learn it, it's quite a curious series of controls and body language that make it "impossible" but if you have Arthritis I wouldn't recommend it.

Well, I've gotten some great reactions so far from performing it for people, it is alot of fun, & I have different versions of this routine that I'm experimenting with, so once I'm comfortable enough I will make a live perfoemance video. As far as how "performable" the method is, I will say that it cant really be performed surrounded.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
I once did a gag routine called "Gold Finger" (because of the music used -- think James Bond) -- it started off as "in the office silliness". Basically, I was making my index finger "vanish" but I'd then produce it and drop it into a hat. I went through all the classic card act/miser's dream" type motions showing both sides of my hand (making certain I replicate that unique turn-over used on a Back Palm). . . long story short, it went into being a short lived club bit and at the end of the act I'd dump out the hat. . . tons of rubber fingers would fall out, bouncing all over the floor.

It was one of those things you can get away with when you're young & cute. . . doubt it would be as funny now days.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results